1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Got one sitting in a box on my workbench. Really need to give it a shot soon.

2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for that rabbit hole.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

That means you should get one.

4. A 5.7?

Or my own indoor range? :D

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

6. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

S/B yes to both.

7. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

9. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

10. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

lol. i have the FNX45 tactical and the FN 509 Tactical. I am really liking the 509 more especially with subs and a Ghost can on it. I don't have an RMR on the 509 yet but it's just a smooth shooting pistol. Really prefer my FN pistols these days (mostly because I'm a lefty for pistols, so the fully ambi controls are nice).

good stuff right there...
    p.s. should have come with 2 24 round a 1 17 round magazines. :)

11. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

just noticed. I think you have the FN 509 C tactical ("compact") but the standard 509 Tactical. Just a slightly smaller frame and 15 round magazine but accepts the full size magazines with the spacers. They've had the 509 tactical out for a while but I think the 509C tactical just came out a few months ago.

either way it's a nice piece.

12. Interesting. Mine came with a 12, 15, and 24 round magazines (one of each).

13. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

went to the range today and got my garand dialed in with the greek spam can ammo. Had a sub Moa 4 shot group which was probably a fluke but was a lot of fun getting the cannon out. Going to take it hunting in a couple weeks when we head south for the holidays. Normally it's all new rifles but two other old timers were out there with their 1903's and m1 carbines. Was fun chatting with them too.

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Does this scope make my .22 look small?

IMG_20201208_173753246.jpg

15. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I started using these Sams Club Storage Cabinets to store my ammo:
    https://www.samsclub.com/p/tall-storage-cabinet-stainless-doors/prod14570055?xid=plp_product_1
    It has shelves, is all metal, is lockable and can be easily rolled around. It is not a safe, but at least keeps the ammo out of sight and somewhat secure.

16. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

17. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Yeah I need a better plan. I had a huge part of the basement (under the addition) lined up until my wife decided she needed it for her and the kids storage. And I didn’t realize how much shit I had until I got it all in the same room.
    Those cabinets would be perfect.
    I just need the wall space

18. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

19. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

20. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member