1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

The sticker part is scary!

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Very!

Gorilla George and Photo like this.
  3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Scary because it doesn’t fit your propaganda that he’s going to take your toys away, right?

4. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Wrong not my propaganda.

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. britx303

So the empty shell saying "hell yeah! im going to take them away" is made up prop? Hmmm thats some serious CG........come along way since the obvious horrible CG in the movies from the late 90's:D

wsmc 589, Gorilla George and Photo like this.
  6. britx303

So back to the fun stuff..........I’m toying with the idea of an 80% build in.308. I see some here have built their items. Looking for direction on where to go for the parts etc. Also, I see polymer lowers.......are these truly up to snuff for quality?

7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Yep. Show me unedited and unmodified footage of him saying he was going to take all of your toys away. Not just a specific model, but every single one. It’s a common propaganda agenda and scare tactic trotted out and it’s completely false and you know it. The orange buffoon would have absolutely hammered him on this stance and absolutely crushed the election, but that didn’t happen did it? It’s career suicide to make that statement which is why it doesn’t get said at any type of publicity function.

8. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Again wrong , it would be easy to give you what you ask for but Mongo and Dave would probably have something to say. Google is your friend.

Gorilla George and britx303 like this.
  9. britx303

True google for everything.........including 80% parts:crackup:. But am more interested in any 80% testimony from y’all here instead of other random google jackwads. Fellow Roadrace jackwads are anal enough to take input semi-seriously:D

10. I was thinking the same thing. I’ve seen the aforementioned statement made several times, and could easily post video links. But I’m not falling for that trap.

Photo likes this.
  11. britx303

Oh for fuck sake go to phils if you want to have this discussion.

Photo likes this.
  12. britx303

Rather the thread not get moved or locked.Go to Phil’s and I’ll take whatever jabs you want to throw. The end

Photo likes this.
  13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Thread won't get nuked but a member might.

Photo likes this.
  14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Danger, Will Robinson! Just speaking in general terms, if someone tells me, repeatedly, that he is going to do something wrong, I tend to believe him.

AC1108, Gorilla George and Photo like this.
  15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

16. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Yep. If you think where and when the AK was designed and developed, it needed to work and be maintained in an extreme hostile environment. So yes it’s a bit loose, which typically loose guns aren’t the most accurate. Yes they break like everything else, especially the cheaper stamped variants, but the operating system is simple and the 7.62 X39 version is a nasty round.
    Do I like them, sure. If it’s the end of the world is it the rifle I’m grabbing? No.

17. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

I don’t consider them “toys”. Neither did the founders.

StaccatoFan and Gorilla George like this.
  18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I think it would be worth considering that the sloppy tolerances on an AK are as much a part of the manufacturing tolerances they were able to maintain. "Comrade, don't try to make it fit too precisely, our tolerances are for shit."
    So the AK initially gets its reputation for running in crap conditions cuz they couldn't make it any better.
    The AR got a bad rap, initially. Not the weapon's fault.
    Reputations die hard.

19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Well, if it's the end of the world we are planning for, I guess I'll just grab my old 45-70 lever gun. That might seem like an odd choice, but it fits me like an old pair of slippers. I always know exactly what it's going to do. Of course, I'm in trouble if I need to make one of those 300 yard shots. An attempted head shot would probably result in a severed foot.

Gorilla George and Photo like this.
  20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Mission accomplished. :D