1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I get that but PSA has promised their MP5 clone for a while now, why the wait? Its not lack of demand. That makes me think they have had implementation issues in making their version reliable. Plenty of proven braced 9mm pistol options around, you don’t have to have everyones favorite movie prop.

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Don’t buy AAC. Took a year to warranty a shop can and I’m a dealer and about 100 phone calls. Since they got bought out I don’t know what’s up with them. Dead air makes great stuff. I like my Harvester and Harvester Big Bores for my long range guns. Have a saker 7.62 and a 5.56. They’re pretty nice too. My next can may be a trash panda or a thunder chicken just because I love the names lol.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. That sounds like some shit I would do. :crackup:

There were other compact guns I liked, maybe even better, but I got the Hellcat because Hellcat. :D

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

You should adopt the entire family, not just 1 sibling. https://www.dodge.com/challenger/srt.html

5. rice r0cket and MachineR1 like this.
  6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Anyone have an opinion on a tavor? Bullpups have always piqued my interest. And if there are any others out that other than the Keltec and Aug let me know.

8. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Sabre699 likes this.
  9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

They partnered with Magpul. Magpul has a shitty history with getting complete firearms to market.

The HK SP5 is for sale now and in stock. It's not close to the real thing. It is the real thing. About the same price as a custom 1911, less even.

10. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

That's fine, give me something reliable, not something I have to warranty down the road.

My guess? The roller locking mechanism is hard to make reliable at the price point they want to hit, so they'll keep iterating.

It's too bad the beancounters made the UMP blowback, they really stunted that whole lineage. Maybe that's why they still manufacture MP5s today, not just because it's a movie prop.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

That's funny. When I brought out the MP5 pistol to sight in, one of the guys i was with came over, checked it out, and then said "Shoots ze glass" in perfect Hans Gruber voice.
    :D

rd400racer and Steeltoe like this.
  12. It kinda reminds me of a mini “Judge”.

I’ve came close to getting one of those, because “The Judge”. :D

13. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I'd love to see you and Kevin Brittingham have a little sit down chat about your ideas to make the world a better place. :crackup:

Check out the whole line of "Q" products. Right up your alley. I could see you with a Honey Badger with a Trash Panda.

As for suppressors, IMHO the best option is the buy one of the top tier manufacturers. A can is a lifetime investment so you want a company that you think will be around for a while and that you'll be able to find adapters/mounts, etc.

Dead Air, SilencerCo, TBAC (Thunder Beast Arms), Rugged, AAC (in some sort of variety, they have been having issues but might be on the uptick now and possibly someone would buy them from Freedom Group for pennies on the dollar (KB) are all top tier. KAC, LMT and Sig as well. Buy once cry once. Or go the other end of the spectrum and Form 1 a solvent trap. I think with the 22lr cans this would be fine, but not sure about the accuracy or durability of these long term.

14. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Agreed, you want the real thing buy an HK, honestly though, I may get one at some point just because I can but really, I’d give up the “HK Slap” for bolt hold open any day.

15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Not just mini, more micro.
    [​IMG]

16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

That's pretty funny and somewhat karmic... :D

17. Fuckinhell, is that really it? Or is that just a picture taking the piss?

If that’s really it, that shits so happening. :crackup:

18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

19. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’ll let you know in 3 days. Have one coming in for my neighbor.

Steeltoe likes this.