1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I wouldn’t call it hate, more like awareness, can they be great? Hell yeah, but they do suffer from, lets say a lack of consistency.

Steak Travis likes this.
  2. I actually bought one of these a few weeks ago with a 100 round mag and 2 40’s. They came full of decent rounds too. I paid $400 for it which was a steal. Shoots “ok”. One impressive thing is shot 240 rounds through it without a misfire. Was shooting in 20 round max increments then letting it cool down a bit. Don’t like getting my guns that hot. It came with rounds I don’t normally shoot so wanted to just get rid of them and now it’s cleaned and mags have rounds I normally shoot with.

Attached Files:

renegade17 likes this.
  3. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Sounds like an excellent deal. I have the plr-22 cool little gun also the sub2000 in 9mm.

4. I agree on that. I’ve owned one and thing I got a bad Big Mac. I didn’t bother touching it up to fix the issues. Sold it. I’ll stick with my sig’s and glocks. I’ve had good luck with them and maybe not the fanciest our there but a - they fit me perfect b - they just work.

5. Ya I stole it for that price. Couldn’t believe he even left the ammo. Over $100 just in ammo alone. I may keep it for when company comes from out of town as the drum mag is kind of cool for non shooters. Useless to me but kind of neat looking. I’d rather change out clips and have the ability to handle the gun better. Drum mags just get in the way for me.

Photo likes this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

They’re not for everyone... ;)

[​IMG]

7. Love that movie.

8. I had done some research and the overwhelming info I saw was good. Most people had experiences like yours, and the guy at the shop suggested it...he said he had one just like it and had put thousands of rounds through it without any issues. Granted, he might have just been trying to make a sale. But then again, they have all kinds of different shit in there, so I don't know why he would lie just to push one particular gun.

But anyway, live and learn. Ill take it apart, clean and lube it, get a different mag and different ammo, and go from there. If it still gives me issues, ill shitcan it.

9. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Yeah and now they got rednecks from Troy al making them! I’m from Montgomery and Troy is about 30 mins south Of MGM toward the beach.

Maybe they can get some of the Sikorsky people to make 1911’s and improve the QC :)

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Know who else makes 1911's?

Nighthawk
    Wilson Combat
    Les Baer
    Ed Brown
    STI
    Dan Wesson
    Springfield
    Sig Sauer
    Colt
    Ruger
    Remington
    Rock Island

11. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Fusion
    Bunker arms

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

And who makes the 2011s? 10mm?

STI
    Rock Island
    Remington
    ??

vizsladog likes this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Devil Dog, Heirloom Precision...

I was thinking of guns Broome can buy this week and not have to wait for. You know he's an impatient fk. :D

lizard84 and Gorilla George like this.
  14. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

I'll add: Para USA (fka Para-Ordnance)

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Remarkably shitty weapons. Are they still in business?

16. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

They are. Used to be Canadian, now US made. The ones I've fired didn't seem that bad, but I'm not a fan of the 1911 anyway.

Steeltoe likes this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I almost bought a Warthog and went with EMP instead. Which spent a few days back at Springfield anyway lol.

18. Are you trying to make me buy all the guns? :crackup:

I love the feel, weight, look, everything of the 1911. But I want one that is drama free.

19. Speaking of which, I know there isn’t a “limit”, meaning by law. But how many guns can someone purchase within a specific timeframe without it raising any “red flags”?

I’ve thought more than 5 in a month might look bad, but one of the guys at Academy has bought 9 in the past month with no issues.

20. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Infinity

And in case people don't know what a 2011 is, it's a double stack 1911.