1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Thanks dude

rd400racer likes this.
  2. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Always worth asking is they will get close to the price as well (factoring in their FFL fee for processing a received gun) if they can get that gun. Example: Online $450, local shop asking $515, by the time you add in say a $25 transfer fee and maybe say $15 shipping you could be at $490. They may very well match that.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. Good point. I hadn’t thought of that.

My local places have great inventory. I can’t think of anything I’d want that I can’t go get here, aside from maybe an RPG. :D

But I was just curious because I saw people posting links to online shops earlier. I wasn’t sure how that worked.

DaveB likes this.
  4. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Same here for the most part, but there can be exceptions like a used gun you just have to have because you always wanted one and they aren't made anymore. Or a shop buys up a lot of law enforcement trade-in guns and offering them at a really good price and that's something your dealer couldn't just order for you because the other shop bought all of them.

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I buy a fair amount of items from PSA and Bear Creek Arsenal, and they've got it set up on their sites for one click transfers...takes less than 20 seconds to check out. This is the kind of stuff I can't find local and my dealer only charges $15 for transfers.

DaveB likes this.
  6. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Don’t forget about the cash discount! For a few years my local store would take less in cash than if I were to use a card due to the fees charged for processing. Sometimes I’d offer a number and they’d counter offer something lower as long as I paid cash.

DaveB likes this.
  7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

We had a disgruntled employee come in Friday and get a fork lift and wreck a bunch of shit. We got covid and crazy people. Maybe I need to go ahead and get that 1911

MachineR1 likes this.
  8. Plus the PITA factor not to mention the shop local factor. I always try to buy guns local which is tough at times but an extra few bucks is worth it to me. Plus my local place has a lot of little odds n ends that they take good care of me on. Anything used I can usually take it for a day - night and try it out, etc.

Newsshooter and DaveB like this.
  9. Especially on larger purchases. I think they get charged around 3% or so? I always bring cash to my local guy but also get a proper receipt. I either scan or take a photo of all my gun recipts and serial numbers and throw them on a cloud. Always have that fear of a guns history.

TakeItApart and Gorilla George like this.
  10. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Agreed, that's why I used "close to the price". I prefer the LGS when I can, my main exception would be for bulk ammo deals they just can't touch. There are 2 shops I primarily use and one of them is good on having specials on some bulk ammo but it goes quickly when they do and catching it in stock can be a problem. One of the shops was started many years ago by the father and the son took it over when he passed and has kept it going pretty strong. The other is owned by an active duty SEAL who is close to retirement. I like giving business to shops like this.

11. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

There’s another reason to keep you receipts and even your copy of the 4473 form.

when I had my auto accident and had to be transported via ambulance, I told one of the cops that my pistol was in the glove box. He mentioned some BS about it not being registered to me to which I informed him that PA doesn’t have a registry nor does the Federal government. He looked at me a little weird then asked me if I wanted him to take it to the station or leave it in the car. I told him to take it as I felt it was safer. Three weeks later when I went to get it, I had to provide either the receipt or my copy of the 4473 to retrieve it. I’m not sure the legality of it, but I had what I needed to retrieve it, minus one round of Federal HST. I figure he probably cleared the chamber then didn’t pick up the missing round.

Your insurance company would probably want pics and proof of purchase/ownership too if you ever needed to make a claim.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  12. Secured (picking it up tomorrow) a little 9mm Hellcat, for no other reason than they have a cool name and are funny to me. :D

It is little, but still badass. It holds 11 (or 13, depending on which mag I use).

It is like if there was a Grom of handguns. :crackup:

MachineR1 likes this.
  13. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Yeah, if that Grom had a 450 motor in it. Don't take that thing lightly, it will be snappy.

14. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Good weapon, bought one back in late October. As noted above they are snappy but very controllable even with +P defensive rounds.

15. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Just purchased a G45. Have to wait until May 8th to pick it up. Florida mandatory 30 day hold. Looking to grasp a DDM4 PDW pistol. Both will be suppressed.

16. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Excuse me??

When did Florida’s 3 day hold become 30?

I’ve never known anyone that waited more than 3, as a CC holder my wait is zero.

17. ljuice26

Used gun. 30 days is the state law to make sure if it’s stolen, the owner gets to report it. Of course the shop already ran the gun and it came back clean. Looks brand new.

18. lizard84

19. lizard84

20. ljuice26

Anyone have a Honey Badger by Q or a DDM4 PDW, both in pistol configuration? Thinking I grabbing one of these as a range toy.