1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

In suppressor height, they only have white/white or the tritium greenish white.
    Orange Front with White/Greenish White rears would be ideal.

2. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Any long range shooting ranges within an Hour of Hartsfield Jackson, sandy springs, or buckhead?

Wife and I have been putting ATL as possible relocation spot for jobs.

3. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

what do you define as long range?

there's a place east of Athens- Gunsight Hills that goes out to 700 yards. Blakely GA has the true "long range" stuff but they are in south GA (out to 2400 I think MPA does their classes here and there are some PRS matches held here). River Bend Gun club goes out to 600 I think. Creekside NE of town but pretty sure they only do the long range for members and only during the week?

South River Gun club has out to 200-300 yards?

4. Steak Travis

Right now I’ve got 1250 yards 40 mins away but would love To be able to at least get out to 500.

5. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

River Bend is a private club that's about 45 minutes north of Atlanta, probably your best bet but not cheap to join. I keep thinking I'll join one of these days. I'm waiting on a new rifle and will probably go take a class out at Gunsight Hills to get me some learning' about long distance stuff.

FYI I live close to Sandy Springs if you have any questions about the area let me know. Live downtown on Piedmont Park for a few years, Cartersville, Lafayette, Marietta but grew up in Dunwoody/SS area and have lived here the past 14 years or so.

Steak Travis likes this.
  6. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Call Bob's Custom Firearms in Palmetto. $175 annual membership. Don't have dimensions, but seen folks shooting 80lb $10/rd boomsticks there so seemed pretty long range "enough", especially for the money. Plus Bob's super cool and a master smith/craftsman. Watching him dial in a scope is impressive. If it's not long enough he can definitely point you in the right direction.

7. Jedb

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Steak Travis likes this.
  9. Steak Travis

I was tempted by that sale too
    Went out to strategic edge on Monday . I think I found my load for my tikka
    4 shot group 100yards
    [​IMG]

10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I've got a couple of those scopes, they're nice, track well, tight eyebox at high power, great at 20X.

XFBO likes this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Who's got the downlow on AR pistols? I've got a 22lr rifle that I never use because it constantly jams. I'm thinking of maybe using that lower with one of PSA's pistol/brace kits but not sure of the legality. Would it be better to just buy a stripped lower along with the pistol kit?

12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

It's an old response but just saw this. Bob's is 200 yards. I used to be a member and lived about 10 minutes away. Bob is an interesting guy to talk to.

13. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

You're not supposed to convert a rifle into a pistol.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I was thinking it was something like that, but how is it determined whether it's a rifle lower or a pistol lower?

15. Jedb

It would have been on the original 4473 you filled out.
    I believe the options are: Rifle, Pistol, Other

See page 2 on the attached 4473: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/4...n-record-over-counter-atf-form-53009/download

My understanding is: If Rifle, you can not make a pistol. If Pistol, you can convert to rifle without losing the ability to revert it to a pistol. Other is a bit more unclear to me.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Cool. I'll just buy a stripped lower. They're only like $40. Or maybe I'll buy an 80% lower and make myself a "ghost gun" (ooooooo, scary!!!!!).

17. Jedb

If you buy a stripped lower, make sure they mark it as other on the form. Sometimes they default to rifle.

18. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Anyone else dying of laughter over the "Yeet Cannon 9" debacle on the Hi Point FB page?

HK jumping in to run salt in the wound made it even funnier.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’ve seen it but didn’t get the whole story. Cliff notes?

20. Jedb

I'll ask the more relevant question: Why are you on the (1) Hi-Point (2) Facebook page??