1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I picked up a PSA stripped lower that I was 100% certain was going to be a future .300AAC AR pistol build but the more I see these 9MM variants, I NOW think I may go in that direction. The difference in ammo $$$$ alone makes it a strong consideration and I remember someone saying so in here a few pages back......Question, do those converted mags feed well??? Any issues?

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Been checking out Heirloom Precision recently. That dude is turning out some nice guns.

Do you want a ban? You know the rules.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2019
  3. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

The CMMG ones only work with their uppers and just came out. They worked with Mean Arms to modify the ones meant for blowback uppers. The Mean Arms/Endomags work with any blowback upper. Reviews are mostly positive, big threads on most of the AR forums. The spacer pretty much acts as a huge feeding ramp. Any issues that pop up are usually just the variances in lowers out there that would affect anything if you believe forums that is.

I have a pistol lower laying around. Think I'm going to SBR it and do the same though. Looks like we are escaping all the bans in my area for one more year at least and I suspect an actual SBR will likely be grandfathered in to whatever may come and leave me a TON of flexibility with uppers etc. @Jedb I may be calling on you shortly on that for some guidance. Funny thing is I may never actually shoot a rifle caliber out of it. Just easier to only load one caliber.

XFBO likes this.
  4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I already have 2 of the BurntBronze on order.. dealer is $151.95.... Giving one to my Daughter.. keeping one for me.

rk97 likes this.
  5. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I was hoping for a 22mag cylinder. wonder if the aftermarket might provide such an item?

my first pistol growing up was a Colt Peacemaker 22lr w/ 22mag cylinder. Still have it and still shoot it a lot. Don't even want to think about how many thousands of rounds have been down the pipe of that thing. Between that and my Rossi nickel plated 62 pump (my first rifle) it's gotta be in the 100k rounds easily. Took me a few years to figure out I could hold the trigger on the Rossi and just pump the thing. :)

Britt likes this.
  6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Not likely on the aftermarket WMR cylinder as fitting would be an issue..

I have the same Old Rossi it is fun to shoot.. I am willing it to a good friends nephew.. he had never shot a gun.. he is from inner city Buffalo.. now in the USAF.. it being the first gun he ever shot, I am certain he will treasure it.

XFBO likes this.
  7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Let me know, Preston. Happy to help.
    They have re-instituted the online system, so form 1s are pretty easy once you have submitted your pictures and print cards.
    If you want to go the trust route, let me know and I'll send you the one I have.

8. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

It shoots great! I didn't even bore sight it and it was super easy to shoot and zero, I went to the Reload indoor range in Tarpon Springs for the 100 yard range because it was a shit day here on Friday and raining. The setup groups really well at 25, 50 and 65 yards with holes touching but I struggled from there to 100 while still kept those groupings to about the size of a fist, more a product of my astigmatism and the 2 MOA dot of the Sig. I may try an acog at some point. If anyone has hands on experience with a 300 blackout hunting round offer it up. I don't have the space to reload though.

XFBO likes this.
  9. shakazulu12

Following up on my SBR comments above. Anyone shooting an SBR in PCC? I checked on Enos and it seems like everyone was kinda "meh" on the idea. In my head the shorter length would be good in pistol bays, but I could see a longer handguard allowing you fire off double taps a lot faster.

10. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I don't know what PCC is but I have two Sbr'd lowers and love them. Form 1 Efiles are supposedly getting approved super fast now

It's a minor inconvenience mailing off the interstate travel form but I only go to Alabama with mine

11. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

PCC= Pistol Caliber Carbine (rifle that shoots pistol calibers i.e. 9mm .40 10mm .45 etc)

XFBO and Steak Travis like this.
  12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Are we back to no vids?

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

14. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

From what I’ve seen efiles are only slightly faster. Plus being shut down for weeks didn’t help. YMMV

15. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Yes they are fun as hell and getting super popular. But it seems that most people are just doing pistols instead of SBRs.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Pistols with a brace? Are they shouldering them?

17. shakazulu12

USPSA PCC class requires it to be a "rifle", pistols aren't allowed. So my question is more geared towards whether the swing weight makes up for the slight increase in dot movement in competition (not that it really matters for my slow ass much). The cool factor is just kind of a bonus. Leaning towards doing it just because. But there is also the factor that I have a 6'6" wingspan, so I might need all the rail I can get to grip it properly.

As of this moment, the ATF has backed off on the brace thing and is letting people shoulder them per their latest ruling. I have no idea if they will flip-flop on that though. They make some really strange decisions sometimes.

18. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I posted a couple weeks ago about 1911's and got some good responses. I had a patient tell me about Citadel 1911's in 9mm. He is a complete gun nerd and said that even though they are inexpensive, he was amazed at the feel and accuracy and he recommends them. Anyone have experience with Citadel 1911's?

19. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Recommendations for a ‘budget’ holographic? I’m not dumping $450 on an EOtech. I built a 300blk pistol over a year ago and still having even fucking shot it. Trying to get re energized about it, ordered a bunch of ammo last week. Needs an optic.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Recommended by the LGS

https://www.usoptics.com/product/drs-dynamic-reflex-sight/