1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Thanks.

That bipod looks pretty trick. Atlas?

2. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Yes Atlas CAL with ADM-170-S Lever.

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Nice setup lizard84, be sure to give us a review after your range day!

I just added one of their stripped lowers for a future AR pistol build myself, finally pulled the trigger on their 6.5CM upper/lower setup.....hoping it shoots as well as the review I watched over the weekend. :D

Thanks to all for the riflescope feedback/info, much appreciated.....I feel a LOT more comfortable going with the lower zoom range now.

blkduc- to answer your question, I'm hoping to eventually work up enough courage to enter a competition at some point after lotsa practice. My local rifle ranges only go up to 200yds. But I just added my name to the wait list for a really nice range (nearly an hr away) that goes up to 1k/1200 yds.....wishful thinking for now, but it'd be really neat if I can gain enough knowledge to work my way up to those distances.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    lizard84, blkduc and Steak Travis like this.
  4. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Once you get to strategic edge you have to do a long range basics class to shoot the600-1200 range. It’s free and just two hours or so. Goes over long range basics and safety to make sure you aren’t sending rounds into the next county. The “class” was very good and I’m glad they make people do it before getting on the long range. It taught me a lot and got me comfortable to work up to 1k

The 100-500yard range and pistol bays you can shoot on day one.

lizard84 and XFBO like this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I can't find the long gun thread but if you want to try something that will rock your world and shake your soul: Try the HCAR.

Good gawd, 30-06 and way less weight than it should, it'll shake the fillings out of you teeth. :eek:

6. Steak Travis

[​IMG]
    Got the thermals out and zero’d with plenty of ammo. Hogs gonna be in trouble tonight

lizard84 and XFBO like this.
  7. Steak Travis

[​IMG]

Should have gotten a couple more but I let the other shooter take the shots on a couple to try and get him some but he wasn’t hitting the mark as well as he should have

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    borislav, Wingnut, ClemsonsR6 and 2 others like this.
  8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I assume these things are considered a nuisance so you can kill as many as possible? What happens to the meat? Is it edible?

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I don't know man, I think the one on the right is faking it and still alive!

Where'd this hunt take place anyway, does Tn have wild hogs??? :D

10. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I am looking for 1911 in 9mm. Any recommendations? I also am probably going to get a CMMG Banshee 300 also in 9mm that uses the Glock magazines. Anyone have experience with that? Pros/cons

rk97 likes this.
  11. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I have Springfield RO Elite Operator in 9mm. Thing is awesome. I like it much more then Smith E-Series in .45 when shooting back to back.

DrA5 likes this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm happy with my Springfield EMP. Carries like a pocket gun and shoots like a full size.

13. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Holy shit that's quite the successful hunt. I've never been hunting, never purposefully killed an animal and don't think I could other than hog's. Knowing what damage they can do, I'd actually like to go hunt those bastards.

14. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Not sure this crowd will be excited by this news, but Ruger introduced the “wrangler” single action 22lr revolver a couple weeks ago.

It’s a single-six copy, with budget machining and parts, and no 22 win-mag cylinder swapability.

MSRP is $249, so i expect to see them for $199 in a couple of months. That is a great price for a well made range toy that teaches good fundamentals. I might buy one in each color.

Leave 2 in the box and give one to each of my kids when they’re old enough.

scottn, Britt and blkduc like this.
  15. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I have the CMMG banshee in 9mm with the 8.5 barrel. The gun is a little more expensive than the other AR pistol variants but definitely worth the price. Quality is great and the gun shoots awesome. I've added a SB tactical brace, Magpul rubber grip and fore end grip. Magpul flip up sights and trying to decide on an optic. Suppressor is on it's way.

DrA5 likes this.
  16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

...like "hip draw" and "fanning the hammer". :D

17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

If you don't need/want magnification or expect to shoot beyond 100 yds regularly, I can't find a better option than a mini red dot...it's almost instinctive, you don't have to be perfectly aligned with the sight when the dot becomes visible to put it on target = fastest target acquisition times ever. Hell, I don't even stop to pause for focus when using mine. As soon as the dot crosses the target, squeeze, bullseye...every_effin'_time!
    Get a dot with a small MOA for more precise shooting at distance...you may want to actually focus, depending on target size.
    Slap one on your 18" pump shotgun and blast clays as soon as they leave the house, leaving your friends with their long-barrelled, mega-thousand $ comp guns stunned. (Once the clay gets farther down range, your pattern won't be dense enough to ensure a hit, but it will certainly be dense enough for anyone coming through the front door or side window and, like I said, all you gotta do is see the dot on the target.)
    I have 'em on an 870 and on top of an ACOG. Lookin' to put one on the 1911, someday.
    45098511-origpic-c38a9f.png

XFBO likes this.
  18. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Regarding the CMMG. If you have an AR pistol lower already, you can simply buy the upper and use their 9mm conversion mags.

https://www.cmmginc.com/9-arc/

[​IMG]

XFBO likes this.
  19. Steak Travis

I should have taken some photos of their destruction
    We have some people we give some too and the others get recycled back into nature
    Family property in Alabama . The hog population has exploded this year.

The damage they are doing is a real problem. Some of the holes they were digging were 3 ft deep x 100 holes Not to mention eating all the food in the woods. Our hard wood bottoms look desolate now. They’ve pushed the deer, squirrels and stuff elsewhere since they eat all the acorns and other food

XFBO likes this.
  20. Steak Travis

I think i shot one deer this year and it’s in my freezer. My wife doesn’t care for hunting but she’s seen a pack of these things while we were out riding around and was like EFf no get rid of them.