1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Love my EMP!

BrianC636 likes this.
  2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

IMHO, lightness is an overrated feature in a handgun.

A good holster matters a lot more than the weight of the gun. Plus the light guns have obnoxious recoil.

3. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Good holster, and a proper belt for it.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I picked up an XDS 9MM a few months back. Trigger pull is a little to tight for my liking (understandable) but other than that I dig it.

BrianC636 likes this.
  5. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Mine was that way too. I tore it down and polished everything and that helped with putting some rounds down range. It still needs some work but is acceptable for a carry gun.

6. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I dont know much about glocks, but can you mate a G26 slide/bbl assembly to a G19 lower assembly to gain the grip length of a compact, with the bbl shortness of a sub compact?

7. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

You'd have to cut the frame so the slide didn't over hang the frame even if it was possible.

I also believe the subcompacts and compacts use different locking blocks.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    SpeedyE likes this.
  8. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

No. But you can use a G19 mag on a 26. Exactly the opposite, but makes exactly what you want. Like in this pic. Compared to a G17. 26 with 19 mag and adapter sleeve (slides over 19 mag, so its ergonomically same as a 19 grip). Note loaded up plate carrier in corner by nightstand.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    SpeedyE and Steeltoe like this.
  9. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

The G17 above stays ready in a prep'd battle belt. Belt can be seen in the extreme lower right of pic. Pic taken tonight. Yes I'm ready for bear. Don't even lock my doors most nights tho. Not much goes on here in the NC mtns. But ya never know.

AR15 is an 11.5" A1 upper w RDS, My go-to for HD. Loaded up with 77gr OTM.

Steeltoe likes this.
  10. Jersey5.0

Jersey5.0 Well-Known Member

Anyone here EDC a Glock 19 IWB? I'm currently carrying a shield 9mm, but have been thinking about switching to the 19, especially for winter. I suppose with a gun like a 19 it's not like you can really go wrong, regardless of whether I make it my EDC or not, but just looking for some feedback.

Reviews and opinions swing wildly from the claiming it's the best cc gun ever made to that it's worse then a full size 1911, so IDK. I know body shape makes a huge difference, so this probably isn't the worthwhile question to ask, but oh well.

11. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

None of the major manufactures make shitty guns anymore. So with that said, it really comes down to personal preference. I've owned and carried Glock 19's and consider it incredibly versatile if it works for you. I currently choose to carry another platform just because of personal preference, but really wouldn't be upset if I was told a 19 was all I could own. Holster, body type, belt and how you dress all factor into it. That said, I'm just under 6 foot, skinny and wear fitted clothing frequently and haven't had a problem carrying just about anything up to and including full size HK's (which are block as hell). But, every gun requires some experimentation with holsters to find that sweet spot that works for me. Sometimes it takes four or five holsters to find it. A 19 is really easy in that regard. Any IWB or appendix hoslter should do the trick. They are slimmer than most double stacks.

12. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

I have about 900 rounds through my VP9 Tac so far. I have zero complaints. It's got a trigger feel that's close to my Kimber Ultra II and Master Carry (in stock trim). Really nice shooter.

Edit: The only complaint I have is the amount of oil on the gun from the factory. You'll spend a half hour or so pre-cleaning before shooting.

daveknievel likes this.
  13. triplestrong

Picked up a G43 Talo the other day. Fun little gun. Anyone have any good upgrade ideas? I did Talons, trigger job, and Pearce mag extension already. Not sure it needs much more, but I like ideas.

14. Jersey5.0

Jersey5.0 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Quality wise I'm not at all worried, it is a glock after all.

I hear ya' on the personal preference point. It's just tough to get a feel for whether or not a gun would be comfortable before buying it. I'll probably just get my mind wrapped around spending the money on it just to own and if it turns out to be an EDC option, I'll just consider that a plus.

I'm not built for comfortable appendix, I typically carry around 3:30-4:00 with my shield in an cloak tuck 3, so I'll probably just order a 19 shell for that to start with and hope for the best. I would love to be able to comfortably carry something a bit larger then my shield.

15. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

My first Walther was that way too..

16. triplestrong

That's a brand I've never shot (yet). Pros/cons?

17. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Anyone got a line on an in stock gray frame Glock 19? It's a Lipsey's exclusive model and molded gray frame only.

18. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Saw one at local gun shop in Alcoa, TN a few weeks back. Don't recall what price was though. I can swing by there tomorrow on my lunch hour to see if it's still there, or I can just PM ya their contact info and ya can give 'em a call.

19. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Just shoot me a PM. I'll give them a call and check. My local shop had one a little while back and before I realized it was a gray molded polymer and not a cerakote job, it was gone. Now everywhere I look they're out of stock.

20. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

PM sent. Give 'em a call to see if they still have it.