1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I met a 'Racer' yesterday.....

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyE, Sep 9, 2021.

1. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

So, I did 2 trackdays on my FJR. Does that make me a sport touring racer? Inquiring minds want to know.

2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Were you wearing an aerostich suit?

3. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Nope, my old A* two piece suit.

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I call those fartbag suits

5. TNRC

TNRC Well-Known Member

I haven't visited this site in a while, but came across this and wanted to comment. In September of 1985 I was able to take my Interceptor to a WERA school at Roebling Road in an attempt to try racing out. Made it through the class and my first two days of racing with my provisional license.
    I received a nice yello t-shirt that had a neat graphic on it and said "Southeastern Asphalt Academy." I was proud of that shirt. I had accomplished something. A few weeks later while out at a store near my home, someone saw it and ask if I had gone to a school of sorts to learn how to do paving work. Oh well, I was still proud of what I had been able to do.
    I held that license for about nine years and eventually was able to do a couple of seasons of endurance racing in 1993 and 1994. Some of the most fun times of my life.

cBJr, SpeedyE and Hondo like this.