1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I met a 'Racer' yesterday.....

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyE, Sep 9, 2021.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

When two beautiful women show up at the same party wearing the identical dress.... :eek: mortified , lol

i keed, i keed :beer:
    <3

Buell1965 likes this.
  2. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Had a "racer" in my office last week for a wrist fx brace. Took all of 2 questions to figure out it was a trackday. At least he was smart enough to come clean after he realized I knew a little bit.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No apologies necessary at all. I have zero issues being confused with Lee. I assume we are distant cousins somewhere down the line. We've spoken once or twice years ago. He is a standup guy who corners low (and VERY fast).

Buell1965 and SpeedyE like this.
  4. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

He might be fast, but you're kicking his ass in the one liner race.

5. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

Yes my first time meeting lee and he was very nice and on the track he was 2nd wave behind me and when he came by me he was twisting ears and rowing the gears

6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Sorry if this sounds insensitive, but what happened to you?

Inspiring to see someone who won't give up. So many people give up when faced with nothing.

KneeDragger_c69 and SpeedyE like this.
  7. SpeedyE

Everything.... EVERYTHING!!!!! lol

gary.JPG

rd400racer likes this.
  8. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Was Burns on his ass by then?
    I know he was upset to finish 2nd behind him:D

Buell1965 and SpeedyE like this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Short synopsis...Speedy's body has been placed in a blender, reconfigured, beat all to hell and back and reassembled. But he's still fighting. Dud is an inspiration and testament to fighting for the win.

10. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

Never raced, only about 8-10 track days but loved each one. Much respect for racers though, that has to be another level of intensity. (and skill) Was chatting with a guy on a local sport bike FB page about a month ago. He was talking about his lap times and brought up Putnam Park, which I'm really familiar with. He said his best time there was a 1:20 but "other guys there said he was going really good and with a few tweaks he'd be at 1:14's no problem". lol :)

SpeedyE likes this.
  11. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

Never met the dude but...Sounds like:
    SpeedyE = Rocket Racoon :D

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

I was BOT2 and Lee was nextgenSBmwt on sat and Lee won his class . On sunday I was only in SOS2 but I know Lee won nextgenSBmwt on sunday also , not sure about burns and his class but if he is faster than Lee chances are I didnt even see him go bye so is the disparity between me and them lol .

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I thought I was pretty much up against the wall on the banking this one, Daytona. He passed me on the right. Apparently, there was enough room for a whole bike between me and the wall. When I got back to the pits, one digit was missing from my number on the right. I'm not saying he sucked it off, but that shit was suspect.

Stumpy, t11ravis, SpeedyE and 2 others like this.
  14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

But see that is why you will ALWAYS be a racer. Others would have said OK and never lifted the cup of coffee. Even the guy that took last is trying to beat HIS times. The most pleased I have ever been was for a 6th in over 50. Was it my 'best' result? No. But I was on an RC51 against open bikes. So the heaviest and lowest HP of any bike in my class yet I finished mid-pack, and worked for that. What you have done makes pushing an RC51 for a lap at Barber look easy.

TLR67, Gino230, SpeedyE and 1 other person like this.
  15. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I race supermoto with Paul James. Sold him 2 supermotos the last couple of years and got him hooked. Also Greg Avello is racing with us also.

16. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Don't worry I did the same thing and I was a control rider. HAHA. This was one of my friends Trackdays org that he ran down south.

17. SpeedyE

God Bless, God Bless... God Bless my Beeb/WERA Family, God Bless <3
    The Beeb/Family is my Spinach :bow::clap: <3

18. SpeedyE

:crackup:
    :cool::clap::cool:
    <3

19. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Sometimes I wish tracks had lap records posted on a huge sign for everyone to see. That way all the trackday folks could see how much work they still have to do to get "fast". It might reduce some of those weird convos where the slow A-group guy thinks he's hot shit for being 20sec off the lap record.

Gino230, SpeedyE and Gorilla George like this.
  20. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

In endurance racing, that's called a "rider swap"... :D

If a "few tweaks" would have gotten me 6 seconds back in the day, I quit too early! Maybe a few clicks on the shock and colder spark plug?

SpeedyE and Gorilla George like this.