1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't understand the hate on Nickelback

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Blackbeener

Blackbeener Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it's already been posted but I remember seeing something vaguely like asking Alexa how to get people to leave your house and it answers back "Playing Nickelback" and starts playing them ?

Phl218 likes this.
  2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

And old Coldplay does not suck. But everything they did after X&Y does, indeed, suck deeply.

aaronson likes this.
  3. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

My college dorm neighbour would blast Kashmir after class...yiu could hear it on any of the 3 floors and every end of every hall. It was a good stereo so I didnt mind too much :rock:

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I see Nickelback the same as I do most modern country music.........it just feels too formulated........like it was specifically written/produced to appeal to the widest range of listeners possible, be just "edgy" enough to claim it's rock but not too edgy to ruffle any feathers.

It doesn't take any risks, sounds like everything else, and smacks of cash-grab. Like the songs are just grown in some music lab by a pop-rock supercomputer. No soul.

That being said, they are NOT alone in much of the modern music industry.

5. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

This has been the summer of me being disappointed in "friends" who went to see Dave Matthews Band.

6. NemesisR6

I feel the same way about disowning people who go to see Jimmy Buffett.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What's wrong with going to a party like that?

8. NemesisR6

A quick google image search of "parrothead" should clear up my stance.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah still don't get the hate on old folks enjoying a party.

10. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

And the Buffet crowd is all about the party. They barely notice that music is being played.

11. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Nickleback sucks as people. They do good as a band. Kroeger thinks hes cooler then slipknot, so thats why the world hates them.

12. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

Watch the rock and roll HOF video of while my guitar gently weeps. Where does Prince's guitar go at the end?

Metalhead likes this.
  13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Oprah.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I had forgotten about that performance. Incredible.

but I kept thinking "why is Toni Elias dressed as a pimp and who knew he could play guitar. " :D

15. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

I've never *understood* it.... but hey, if people are having a good time, more power to 'em.

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I fucking loved him jamming that. Absolutely killed it.

17. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

I think....

Looking at it a couple times -- it looks like he throws it back over his head and there's a stagehand right by the drum riser who catches it. The camera cuts away really fast so it's hard to pick up but that's my best theory. It cuts fast to a wide shot and it's pretty obvious there's nothing above him, and I think that's by design so it's harder to see the guy in the back.

And yes that's a pretty monstrous solo.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You could say that about The Dead. Doesn't make it any better.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Stagehand or less likely his guitar tech. It's why we make the big bucks.

20. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

So true 100x