1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am not sure where to post this but Damn

Discussion in 'General' started by Critter, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Critter

Critter Registered

track wagon and GixxerBlade like this.
  2. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

That is a nice 25+ year old bike. I tried to ride one when they were new and I had an FJ600; I'm just too tall for the FZR.

3. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

First new bike I ever bought was that EXACT bike. If I weren’t in the midst of a financial schellacking from building a house..

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

never molested but then shows the thing totally nekkid? :D

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow a 90 was my first road race bike.

6. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

"91 horsepower, which isn't far from the 105 the factory race-replica 600's make today" :crackup:

JBall likes this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Yea, I figured they really only make racing SV650 power?

8. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

It was consensual.

TurboBlew likes this.
  9. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

It's been for sale for over a year at that price. If it were a little more realistic I would have gotten it by now.

Shenanigans likes this.
  10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Don't the FZRs have more top end ?

11. Boman Forklift

I don't actually know. I know back in 90-91, I ran 35's at an AMA Willow Springs national my first year of racing with a 89 FZR600. The Vance and Hines guys and Jeff Farmer were in the low 30.xx's.

My kid with modern tires, set the SV track record out at Willow with a 27.19 and then backed it up in another race with a 27.21. The track may have slightly changed, but it still looks like the same old POS I raced back in the early 90's.

12. cha0s#242

Same old POS probably, but tires have changed a lot since 1989 ;) On a fast circuit, with the same tires, I'd say the FZR would have the upper hand. The SV probably has more grunt to pull out of slow corners.

13. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I race my 600 typically in classes full of SVs. It really seems down to the rider. Even with the better topend on the FZR,the SV is lighter and seems to outhandle an FZR that hasnt gone the R6 frontend route etc.,essentially making up for the topend loss with higher corner speeds and better handling. Either way I still love racing FZRs. That 600 in the ad does look nice.

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Hard to believe anybody thinks $3K is an unrealistic price for that bike. Its pretty sweet.

15. cha0s#242

You can't give FZRs away over here. Because registration and insurance costs the same as a newer R6. Of course, they are never in that condition, so I guess $3000 would be reasonable for someone that wants some old school sports bike. They are not quite in fashion enough yet though. I paid much more for my NC30 which is nowhere near as nice in condition, but it is way more rare.