1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hybrid fzr/yzf600 v7 project 95% complete

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by RZ Racer, Dec 4, 2010.

1. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

I started this 5 years ago and was paying a friend to do the work. It was nearly finished when he had some personal problems and didn't return my calls for a couple years. We finally reconnected and settled up and I now have a nearly finished fzr/yzf600 sitting in my garage that needs next to nothing to be finished. I raced it once at vir with the fzr motor in it (2nd mw and 3rd hw) and then blew the head gasket in practice at the next round. Rather than fix the high miles tired motor in there, I found a low miles (7,800)yzf out of a wrecked street bike and went the hybrid route.

The bike is an fzr600 chassis with a 97 yzf motor and carbs and has:

Fresh rebuild on fox shock with brand new race tech spring for 200lb rider.
    Traxxion Dynamic modified forks (emulators and race tech .95kg springs)
    brand new (usued 1 race weekend) bridgestone slicks
    Vance and Hines 4-1 pipe
    Dynojet jet kit
    Airbox mods
    NRC case covers, both sides
    R6 calipers with ebc HH pads

Spare parts bike (70% complete) with fzr600 motor with bad head gasket and supertrapp 4-1 pipe

Bike is totally prepped for WERA rules. (bellypan, sfety wire etc...)

Bike needs:
    New battery
    carbs cleaned
    sort out issue between fzr gas level gauge and yzf gas level sensor. (been told its just a resistor you can buy at radio shack, but tried going to fzr archives website and it was shut down. Anyone know about this?)
    The bike ran before it was parked, but was delivering some code on the tach that indicated a broblem with the fuel level sensor. Then it sat 5 years and here it is.

Not looking to get rich, just need to get these out of my garage.

$1600 or reasonable offer. Happy to help with transport in SE/MA.
    Pictures available on request

Mark Morrow
    WERA Ex #9

2. vtrwillie72

vtrwillie72 Member

got any pics?

3. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

That looks like a great deal!

Is it V7 legal with the '97 motor?? Not familiar with theYamahas and I don't know, just asking? If so, someone bring this thing out. Looks like fun!

4. RZ Racer

t

Pm me your email or cell # for pics. I'm @ my gf's tonight but will take some pix with my phone tomorrow and email them to anyone interested.

Pretty sure the hybrids are legal again. (First, they were, then, they weren't, but now, I belive they are again.) .

5. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

Motor good?
    Wanna part her out?

6. RZ Racer

motors fine. Glad to part it out if you want $1600 worth of parts.:D

Seriously, the parts bike is available for parting, but the hybrid will stay intact for now.

7. RZ Racer

Was out taking pictures and realized that the bike also has a '94 yzf 750 radiator on it.

8. omnivore

Wanna trade motors for a low mile good running FZR600 motor? + cash on my end of course. You'll still have a saleable bike in the end. I come to Deals Gap twice a ye, so I could deliver.
    Just putting it out there.

9. RZ Racer

Thanks but no. I'm looking to move this in a hurry so I can get started on next years bike. Of course, you could buy it, swap the motors and sell the fzr600 with spares bike afterwards...

Price IS nego...

10. haunter

haunter Well-Known Member

coming to IL anytime soon? :)

the archives I think is gone for good, but the last time it went down for a few months, 2-3 years ago, helped ragedigital get a site he set up, fzronline.com.....

pics to dougiefresh03(thast ZERO THREE) (at) hot mail dot com

11. RZ Racer

I am in Jan, but I'm flying.

12. haunter

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  13. RZ Racer

Looks like it would. Might have to get a little creative securing bikes/packing plenty of soft cushy stuff, but I think you could fit 2 bikes in one of those. Cheaper than driving down?

FWIW- I'd be happy to throw the bikes in a hauler and drive a "reasonable" distance(2-3 hrs) to meet someone from far away if price is met.

14. haunter

they quoted me just over 300

gas there and back in my jeep is almost as much, plus I gotta get a trailor

and I have almost zro free time(which means, why the hell am I even thinking about more projects???)

can you email me some pictures?

15. haunter

got one, looks like it had gotten bounced back due to an extra r

16. itrmike

itrmike New Member

17. RZ Racer

price reduced

Bump.

I need this to go away.

$1300 obo

18. Sharky

Sharky Member

19. omnivore

I am still interested in the motor if you decide to part it.

20. meanseeds

meanseeds Well-Known Member