1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Husqvarna 250 2stroke Super Single

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by 90kacoupe, Aug 29, 2022.

1. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the latest on the project. I took the bike to my Dad's shop so I could finish making wheel spacers and make sure everything is straight and square. While I was there, I started mocking up a TLR fairing I had laying around.

I cut a junk sprocket in half which made it easy to slide on and off when trying to measure, move and recheck chain alignment. I believe I got lucky, and the chain alignment worked out with wheel alignment. I'm not sure how it worked out that well, but I'll take it.

Now its time, to get all of the brakes working assembled and working, as well as usable sprockets. My goal is to get the bike rideable, and see if it works fair enough to keep investing into it.

I was able to measure a little geometry on it. I don't have a great way to measure trail, but my rake angle is a little steeper than I hoped, I'm at 19.5*. Swingarm angle is 10*. The makes me think I could probably use longer fork tubes, or see about making fork tube extensions. but I don't feel like I'm too far off right now, I just don't want to lower the rear much and lose too much swing arm angle.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    crojack and RRP like this.