1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurricane Irma

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Sep 5, 2017.

1. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

hope you bought trip interruption insurance

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Is it interrupted if it never starts?

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Well, I am actually insured against any of those things (except floods), It's called home owners insurance. By being kinda smart in my location the insurance is relatively cheap. In 25 years of living in my current house I've never had to make a claim. It all rolls up into a thing called personal responsibility.....:Poke:

4. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

I need to check again what we bought - but we paid for the additional insurance on top of our cruise.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it goes west enough you'll be okay assuming the destination ports still exist.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

enlighten us ignant folks on where this "personal responsibility" mecca is located?

MELK-MAN and Scotty87 like this.
  7. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

[​IMG]

Scotty87 and Canadian Bacon like this.
  8. Motofun352

It's everywhere....own up to the risks of where and how you choose to live and budget accordingly. Can't afford $4000 a year flood insurance? Don't live in a flood zone. As an alternative, self insure...ie be prepared to take on the risk...doesn't work so well if you have a mortgage.

9. Blackbeener

Blackbeener Well-Known Member

I'm in Broward County and I could already see people evacuating on I-95 headed North this morning on way into work. It's just a matter of time, if you live down here your number is going to get punched sooner or later. People already are retarded enough down here as it is, this is going to raise the bar to a totally new level. I'll keep you guys posted but should definitely be interesting at the least.

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

clearly you must live miles above sea level and your roof must be made of imported ivory...lol.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. Motofun352

On a hill in north central PA. We get floods in the valleys, one or two tornadoes a year(in all of PA). Not much in the way of risky weather. On the other hand not much in "cosmopolitan" amenities, either...:D...just the way I like it. I'm not fully immune to what the insurance company would call a flood, that is 60" of Texas style rain would surely cause me a problem. I understand that and am willing to take the extremely small risk.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Are you insured for the Zombie Apocalypse?

TurboBlew likes this.
  13. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

This is what I'm worried about. Our 2-year-old is too young to do any relatively fun "Disney" port experience. Thus we went outside of Disney and reserved catamaran tours at both stops - so all of us can snorkel/island hop. Already paid for. While both companies were great to work with, I'm sure asking for/receiving a refund will be on top of their list while they are repairing their boat/marina/house/etc.

14. HMEN

HMEN Well-Known Member

I will let you guys know how it goes, I am down in PR visiting my parents with the wife and we are stuck here till Saturday. I hope! First storm for the wife she is going to melt with out AC once the storm hit tomorrow.

TurboBlew likes this.
  15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Good luck!

16. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Wow. Best of luck to all of you......

17. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Damn...keep your heads down. Thoughts and prayers to all of those in it's path.

I'm keeping a close eye on it being in the Tampa area in the insurance industry.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Actually it doesn't. It rolls up to you're being kind of a cunt.

I know this is tough for you to understand, but a whole bunch of people actually live on those tiny islands that are about to be decimated. Not because the dividends from their hedge fund bought them waterfront property, but because it was where they were born, and they don't have the resources to relocate. Many of them will die.

But congrats on your homeowners policy, that's super.

RNYC, Bruce, GixxerBlade and 21 others like this.
  19. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

TurboBlew likes this.
  20. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

First time down there, wife fancies a snow bird home, wanted to check out the area.