1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurricane Ida

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyTide, Aug 28, 2021.

1. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Anyone in its path, buckle up!! Please prepare quickly if you haven't already.

Hope everyone is spared serious damage, etc..... but maybe it'll fizzle out (not likely), or a least weaken from it's projected CAT 4 arrival tomorrow.

And.....16 years ago tomorrow Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans on August 29, 2005.

Stay safe, and check in when you can.

GOD Bless!!

MELK-MAN, Montoya, jrsamples and 3 others like this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Good luck to all our Gulf Coast peeps...this one is a bad girl !!

t11ravis likes this.
  3. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

Sitting at the house waiting for the storm. Came back from Austin today and westbound I10 is bumper to bumper Beaumont to Lafayette. Lots of folks leaving. Everybody stay safe!

Circacee and t11ravis like this.
  4. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Stay safe. I have family in Iberia Parrish that don't seem too concerned at this point at least.

5. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Be safe Tim.

bEeR likes this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

150 mph winds !! Damn what a beast...prayers sent for the people in Louisiana.

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

CAT5 if you are not gone you should be. Take care folks, stuff is a LOT easier to replace than people.

8. Be safe y’all and if anyone needs to head north I’m in NE Ga not far off 85 near the SC border and have a couple spare bedrooms. If you are a decent house guests there are a couple KTM 300’s in the garage, one of which will try to kill you but you are welcome to use them. Both fresh and ready to go but you may want have to swap wheels over to some tires better suited for wet conditions that are brand new, mounted and ready to go.

cav115, noles19, Rebel635 and 6 others like this.
  9. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

No other Forum on the planet can rival the amount of good will that just abounds in the members of this place .. good for you CB .. amazing offer to strangers ( kinda ) :flag: :beer::bow::bow:

Ducti89 and Montoya like this.
  10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Other than Dustin who else from the beeb is in harm's way

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

We've got space as well. I got family all over that place. Some went to Tennessee the rest are doing what they always do.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  12. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I'm here in Baton Rouge, riding it out. Just hoping my neighbor's old trees stay in his yard...

Sabre699 and RRP like this.
  13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Good luck to you. Hope all stays safe.

14. I did not offer to take them to the ER it the KTM 300 with way too much power hurts them though. All seriousness offer is there if anyone’s stuck. Hey and I have my neighbors 2021 Audi S5 convertible for the week but will have to be in office at least a couple days this week but it’s a lease and his words of “it’s a lease and I owe you enough favors so have as much fun as you want and yes I know what it’s going to cost me in tires, still 1/4 of the cost of what you’ve saved me over just the past year”. You cannot tell someone like me that when I live in the mountains.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  15. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

Best luck to all of you!

t11ravis likes this.
  16. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

As a side reminder... FILL YOUR CARS UP NOW! Hope everyone makes it out ok.

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

So how's everybody faring so far ?

18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

From what I am hearing, no power, no cell service, so probably won't know for a bit if they are close to the center of that mess.

19. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

AT&T is dead in South Louisiana. Thankfully I have Verizon. We fared just fine(no power though), but it will be slow getting info from harder hit areas.

RRP and gixxernaut like this.
  20. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

We're sheltering my sister in law who lives in New Orleans. She lives not far from the Superdome and has no idea what conditions are like at her apartment right now. At least it looks like *maybe* they were better prepared than when Katrina hit. Sure hope so.