1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hunting Regulations

Discussion in 'General' started by speedluvn, Oct 2, 2023.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

From what it sounds like, and consistent in other states, is that it gives the hunter a unfair advantage by being able to monitor game patters and it disrupts natural behavior patterns.

The spirit of the hunt is to "hunt" the animal. Monitor eating and mating patters, walking the woods in the offseason looking for scrapes, tracks, etc.. The argument game cameras have become so sophisticated and can transmit real time, it tips the scales too far to one side.

I don't have an opinion either way but I understand the argument from both sides.

kenessex likes this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Yeah.

Shoot the deer.

Don’t fuck it.

3. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Probably 75

If I cant comfortably put out a kill shot I don't take it. I'd say my farthest is 50, that being said it got there fast and had plenty of penetration

My buddies aRavin is stupid fast. His is accurate to 100

Last edited: Oct 2, 2023
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

I don’t hunt anymore, but when I did, it was for ladies. That animal is so more difficult to track a good one, and it is extremely difficult to understand the nuances of the species. In fact, it is so difficult, there is no official season, you can hunt them 24/7.

Successfully hunting them takes a much larger skill set, versus your standard hunting with a gun or bow!! Some would say, you can never figure out what that animals next move will be.

Much less filling to eat as well. :rock::D

Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
  5. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Admit it, you still put up trail cams and track them in their natural habitat. You know Dressing rooms, Showers, upskirt, etc. How do you feel about the new trail cam regulations BTW?

6. Boman Forklift

I'm pretty certain, using trail cams on that species, will get you into a lot of trouble. :crackup:

Actually I know nothing about the new trail cam regulations. I think the last time I hunted was in the late 80's, after I got out of college.

7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I believe the use of "trail cams" in the wrong habitat might be just a tad illegal.

8. speedluvn

So are you saying that you primarily hunted cougars? :Poke:

9. Boman Forklift

They maybe cougars now, but they certainly were not back then. Back then, they were not nearly as easy or forward/aggressive as the species is now. No such thing as swiping right or left to get a quickie. You had to go to the hunting grounds and work your craft to perfection!!!!

speedluvn likes this.
  10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I'm primarily a big game archery guy. Western states seem to have the best grasp on regs but it opens the door to some really confusing territory. If you want to hunt in Montana as a nonresident you'll need a lot of patience and an eye for fine print.

CO is my standby because they'll happily take your $760 for a nonres OTC tag in a GMU that's brutal to hunt and offers limited opportunities. Not ideal but better than staying home. Unfortunately I keep hearing my unit is going to have a draw for archery elk next year so I may be looking for another option.

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

PA issues like 30 tags total for archery elk in September. Tough draw.

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

If anyone in/near OH is interested in a 350 Legend hunting rifle I've got a Nice Savage AxisII that just sleeps in the safe I'd let go. Might have 100 rounds thru it. Got a good bit of ammo too.

13. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Headed to CO next week for elk. Definitely read the regs very carefully. There are some unexpected nuggets in there.

14. Rugbydad

Rugbydad Tiny Member

Baaahahahahahahha

15. speedluvn

That was the main point of this thread. The regulations are so convoluted. Is that by design?

No baiting for dove but the "10 day rule" doesn't apply. :rolleyes:

tony 340 likes this.
  16. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

That should be criminal

The fishing regs in Michigan were clearly designed by gubbermint assfucks that are looking for reasons to justify their existence

Just got back from Salmon fishing in a river where they are swimming upstream, to spawn, and die anyway. But johnny gubbermint has a whole procedure on how to catch them.

I understand the rules but these guys will walk right on our private property and start lecturing us. More legal authority than a state trooper. When guys around here get busted they seize their boat, truck and everything.

At least the $760 should go back to the native americans, after all we are hunting on their stolen land

The cool thing about Mich is the native americans have many exemptions for fishing Disabled vets also get some free passes around here

17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Maybe they should stop breaking the law, then they could keep their stuff. :crackup:When I lived in AK, they would also seize your airplane if you had flown in and broken the law. We always used to say that it was probably better for you to shoot the governor than a moose out of season.

18. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I’m headed to Texas next week to hunt aoudad.

I bought a Gunwerks 6.5PRC mountain rifle a year ago and I’m excited to give it a try.

19. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Yea, this year they had 144 across the 3 seasons. It makes it almost impossible to get a tag.

20. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I wanna go hog hunting so I don't have to gut it.:Puke: