1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How's W doing?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by todzuki, Apr 13, 2006.

?

How is George W Bush performing so far?

1. Great! he's doing a great job. no complaints here

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. Pretty good. One or two errors, but nobody's perfect.

32 vote(s)
    29.9%
  3. Average. I had low expectation from the start. Conservative or Liberal. Who cares?

7 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Disappointed. W really dropped the ball too many times.

14 vote(s)
    13.1%
  5. Poorly. Are you kidding or just not paying attention? He SUCKS!

45 vote(s)
    42.1%
  6. I pay no attention because it doesn't effect me. Why all the fuss?

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Some folks like you love to hang onto the intelligence that says there is/was no Al Qaeda-Iraq connection. You would be wrong. There is plenty of evidence to suggest otherwise. Yeah, Saddam was a bad man, but Iraq has been sponsoring terrorism all the way back to 1969 in Balochistan. Then in Uganda. Saddam was rewarding the families of Palestinian suicide bombers in Israel by paying them $25k. It is well-known that there were Al Q bomb-making and poison gas training camps in Iraq. Bin Laden has ties to Mukabarat, Saddam's "gestapo". Convicted Al Q bomber (WTC 1993) Ramzi Yousef carried an Iraqi passport and is a nephew of Khalid Sheik Mohammed. Iraq had intel offices in Kartoomm Sudan, which was Bin Laden's HQ. Why is it such a stretch for you to understand that there indeed were Al Q ties to Iraq? BTW, Saddam Hussein was the only Arab leader that didn't condemn the 9/11 attacks. He said on TV that "America deserved 9/11". Hell, even Arafat and Khadafi condemned the attacks and offered aid. I could go on, but you guys only believe the intelligence you want to hear. Most of the analysts who said there were no ties had a strong anti-war prejudice to begin with.

2. 2000yellow360

2000yellow360 Well-Known Member

Jay:

When pressed Rumsfeld admitted that there were no ties to Al Qaeda, did so with both CNN & US Today. In fact, Saddam & bin Laden were bitter enemies. If you recall, Saddam had a thing about the Shiites, didn't much like them, repressed them. Well, the Al Qaeda group are Shiites. Wadnabi section (sp?) The various acts of brutality that we accuse Saddam of committing against his people were usually done because the Shiites (and others) kept revolting against him. They'd tried to assassinate him on more than one occasion. Iraq was one of the only Secular nations in the middle east. That's going to change with the new government. Most of the Muslims are Sunni not Shiites, BTW.

How in the world, this government got our press to believe that story is beyond me. Goes to show that our educational system sucks. History and current events are American's poorest subjects.

Saddam supported the Palestinians. BTW, so does the current Iraqi government, as does just about every Arab middle eastern government, so his paying 25k to the family of suicide bombers isn't that uncommon.

Just a little history lesson.

Art

3. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Jay, if that is all you got then Rumsfeld had a stronger connection to Saddam than did Osama.

But your post is wierd, you start off by talking about an "Al Qaeda-Iraq connection" but then digress into events that are unrelated or immaterial even if true.

But I would be interested to see what you have that supports the claim that Al Quaeda "bomb-making and poison gas training camps in Iraq."

4. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

How are those events immaterial to Iraq's sponsership of terror? The facts point to Iraq as a oil-wealthy rogue nation which is friendly to terrorists. It's in the book, Rodger. I didn't just dream it up. I guess I'm willing to give the author more of the benfit of the doubt than I do Saddam, given what we already know about him. The book also discussed a hi-jacking training facility, BTW.

5. mad brad

mad brad Guest

poor poor saddam.

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yeah, butt the book I read agrees with me, which is why I read it...

7. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

You know I actually read Franken's book, "Liars". I have to say, he's funny. But his rants are just satire with little to no factual basis. At least Coulter's rants are based on facts.

8. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Terrorism is not monopolized by Osama. Saddam and many other terrorists had nothing to do with Osama.

And what is more terroristic: Blowing up the homes of the parents of suicide bombers or sending them money after the fact?

9. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Of you can't post a link, then why make that kind of allegation?

REPEAT: Al Qaeda had connections in Iraq. They still do.

10. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

Yeah, maybe a connecting flight to Saudi Arabia. :Poke: Everyone in the world (except Jay) has conceded that there were no ties pre-invasion between al-queda and Iraq/ Sadam. They have all kinds of 'connections' in Iraq now. Regardless, if this is some portion of an attempt to use this old abandoned theory to justify 'something,' I just wanted to remind you that even the administration gave up on that one. That was like.... two or three blown ideas ago.:D ;)

11. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I repeat:

Convicted Al Q bomber (WTC 1993) Ramzi Yousef carried an Iraqi passport and is a nephew of Khalid Sheik Mohammed. Iraq had intel offices in Kartoom Sudan, which was Bin Laden's HQ. Why is it such a stretch for you to understand that there indeed were Al Q ties to Iraq? BTW, Saddam Hussein was the only Arab leader that didn't condemn the 9/11 attacks. He said on TV that "America deserved 9/11". Hell, even Arafat and Khadafi condemned the attacks and offered aid.

You really think Saddam is forthright and honest about this? Good on ya, Todd. You've got a real tender, forgiving spirit. I'm envious.

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Jay, do those blinders give you headaches sometimes?

13. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

You tell me. I shed mine years ago. ;)

14. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

15. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

16. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Good article on Yousef and possible Iraq connections over at fas.org.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, rip off the duct tape too. You still ain't seeing shit. :D

18. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

19. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

20. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak