1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How was Vegas this weekend????

Discussion in 'General' started by RoadracerR123, Jan 26, 2009.

1. 95speed

95speed aka Felix el gato

Congrats on Jav. races ...but your generator is too loud.

:cool:

2. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

Who was it that hit the ground?

3. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

Only compared to the little Hondas?
    Its a brand new Coleman with a Suburu engine in it. There was a guy on the practice day with a gennie half the size of mine that was twice as loud.
    Its too loud for me anyway as I would rather have one of those little Honda jobs but they are pricey.
    Going to build a box for mine.
    Since I saved the Dunlop crew with it at Buttonwillow a couple of months ago, I need to keep it. They couldn't run anything off the 3000 that they had there and the power was out.

:up:

4. P 51 Jockey

P 51 Jockey Well-Known Member

Look at DNF's in the A Superbike results. They're posted already.

On a brighter note, they said it was the biggest turnout for Vegas ever.

5. caferace

caferace No.

6. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

God I think the only bike number I remember is 82...a yellow upper with a black lower GSXR. That thing slide half way to the first turn on the runoff road.

The other ones I don't remember.

7. OldnReallySlow

OldnReallySlow Well-Known Member

At least us Novices got some more track time with all the warmup laps we got in the last race!!! Mattias got back into the race but said his bike was just a little bent. Good weekend except 4 of my 6 teammates hit the ground or DNF'd.

8. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

I saw a bunch of DNS and only three DNF's. Was Toye one that went down or didnt start.

9. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

The first guy who went down (the yellow gsxr) restarted. But at one point he came back in but I don't know if he went back out.

10. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

The first guy to go down was on an R1, FWIW.

11. OldnReallySlow

OldnReallySlow Well-Known Member

Jeremys bike broke during practice so it wasn't him.

12. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Ok.....I think I was fragged. I remember the pipes now.

Sheesh..I'm gonna go curl up in the corner for awhile.

13. KK352

KK352 Well-Known Member

Vegas was SUPER DUPER!!!

The rain on Friday morning allowed me to go around socializing without worrying about missing anything :p Or causing anyone else to miss anything hahaha :)

I watched my bff take the hole shot in her expert race, and almost win it flag to flag!!!

Personally, I had some stellar starts, but not so great finishes ... hahaha

I want to send props out to my WERA West peeps... I think we all did a fabulous job of riding safe - there were no crashes on account of the wet! (at least that I remember)
    Although we all had a good laugh at the Experts in A SB... I finally decided to just lay out on my bike and work on my tan... while they picked up the white plates :crackup:

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Of the three experts down on the 2 trial starts in ASB only one didn't make the restarts - one of the other two did dnf though later in the race.

15. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

4? or 14?

16. sanfret

sanfret Almost as fast as my kid

Motion Pro sent this out... :)

----

For immediate release:

WERA West, Round 2 Las Vegas Speedway.

Motion Pro sponsored racer Peter Lenz set the mark for young talent at Las Vegas Classic Course this last weekend. At only 11 years old, Peter won 3 expert classes during the races on Sunday. He was the youngest expert rider competing all weekend, riding against riders like Benny Solis, and Austin DeHaven, both of whom have international experience.

The weekend was full of ups and downs for Peter. He had a tough job ahead of him learning the intricacies of his newly acquired 1996 Honda RS125 GP bike and just how fast it could go. He got up to speed on the technical track quickly, and was impressed with his new ride. Peter spent the last season on a RS Honda chassis with a CRF150R engine, not nearly as powerful as the 125cc two stroke GP engine.

“The 125 is a lot of fun, it just corners so well, I am still learning how fast it can go. There are some really nice bikes out there, but I am still learning to get the most out of this one,” commented Peter.

Saturday ended badly in the Solo 20 Expert Race, even though he had led most of the laps of the race on heavily used tires. While leading Peter lost the front and went down in Turn 7, luckily he was unharmed, and the bike only suffered minor damage.

“Motion Pro’s tools helped repair the bike quickly in a stressful situation. Peter wouldn’t have made it back out in time without the Motion Pro T-handles,” commented Peter’s friend Brian Ens.

Thirty minutes later Peter headed back out to the track for the make-up F2 race from the last round at Fontana. He started 8th on cold new tires, as the need to repair his bike caused him to miss the warm-up lap. The leaders gapped Peter in traffic while he had limited traction; he started to close the gap once his tires came in but was only able to manage a respectable third.

Sunday dawned a new day, and became one of the best racing days in Peter’s young career. The WERA Mini race was first up; Peter was gridded in first spot. Riding his RS chassis CRF150R, Peter and his fellow racer were never more than three bike lengths apart the entire race. They traded the lead several times. Peter took the final lead change with a late braking pass in turn one, and held onto the position for the win.

In the second Formula 2 race Peter started from the front row and took advantage of it as he quickly slotted into fifth place behind two 650s and two 125s (Bennie Taylor and Benny Solis). Peter made his way past Taylor, a 650 and Solis to make his way into second. He hounded the leading 650 looking for a way around the more powerful machine. Peter took advantage of his machines superior cornering ability, passing around the outside in the same corner he had crashed in on Saturday. Peter took his first WERA Expert win.

His last race of the weekend was the premier 125cc GP race. This race pitted Peter’s 1996 nearly stock bike against some very serious, very expensive machines. Peter got off the line well and slotted into 3rd place. He made his way into second on lap one and proceeded to pursue the leader (Bennie Taylor) who had already pulled out a gap. Peter and Taylor pulled out a 3 second gap on the following Solis and Matter. Peter again used turn seven to his advantage as he passed Taylor for the lead with a couple to go. Peter pulled out a one second lead finishing 1.1 seconds ahead of Taylor for the win. Ryan Matter, running Peter’s spare engine, finished the race in 3rd.

“I had a really fun weekend, just racing with guys like DeHaven and Solis really made it a challenge. Those guys are fast and have raced in Europe with the Rookies Cup. I haven’t raced in Europe since I was eight. I am looking forward to getting back over there to race again,” commented Lenz.

After a long weekend’s racing, Peter headed home with three first place trophies and some great racing experience. Peter would like to thank everyone at WERA for believing in him, and allowing him to complete at his young age.

Learn more about Peter and his racing adventures at: http://www.peterlenz.com/

17. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I'll be happy with 4. Baby steps. :)

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool release and it really was some fantastic racing.

19. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

Yeah the 125 class bike races were some of the best races I have seen. Peter, Benny T and Solis going at it in the first race and the battle between Peter and Benny T for first and Ryno and Solis for third in the second race was just awesome to watch. You could almost hear the MotoGP commentators yelling about "having the ride of his life!!!!"

The 1000 races were DAMN good too. Havlik, Barrajas (sp), and Getlin were just hammering on each other looking for a way to squeak through and get just a little more drive then the other guy.

I'd have to say that this was the best Vegas WERA race that I have had the opportunity to shoot at, just so many good battles and no blow out races