1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How was Vegas this weekend????

Discussion in 'General' started by RoadracerR123, Jan 26, 2009.

1. RoadracerR123

RoadracerR123 Well-Known Member

Couldn't make it (grandfather had a stroke, he's o.k. though)

How was it though?????

Weather? Offs? Crazy races? I was so bummed I couldn't make it, but what are you gunna do.

Also, I was looking at mylaps to find the times of individual riders...but didn't have any luck. Any idea where to find individual times?

:UP:

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

3. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

4. Col_Kurtz

Col_Kurtz Well-Known Member

Cold and slow:) We are up on Mylaps.com though.

5. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I think the craziest race from spectating point of view was the last race of the weekend. A Superbike. Three restarts with the first two having crashers into turn 1.

6. P 51 Jockey

P 51 Jockey Well-Known Member

It was 3 crashers dude. I was hit by the first one, almost ran over Mattius on the second one, or was it the third one??? My age is affecting my memory.

7. 95speed

95speed aka Felix el gato

Yep, Experts behaving like orange shirts...

I was in the 2nd wave spectating.

:cool:

8. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

Thanks you lord that I wasnt there!!! Thats all I would need to do is ball it up a month before Daytona:wow:

9. Czolgosz

Czolgosz Banned

I'm offended.

-Orange Shirt

10. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Yeah and they were in the front of the pack so you likely would have been part of it.

11. idahoSV

idahoSV Well-Known Member

Looks like there were a good group of lightweight bikes, Formula 2 had a about 20 riders and LWSB looked good with about 12?..
    BTW: Whats Chase Mcfarland ride?

12. Col_Kurtz

Col_Kurtz Well-Known Member

Yeah...we were just tryin' to liven it up for you guys who were spectating.... its the A Superbike adaptation of bumper cars. You should give it a shot!

13. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Yup its a good sized class compared to what I'm used to. Now...I need 4 seconds. :)

14. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

Yea,

Great grids for both LWT SS and LWT SB.
    We had a blast after blowing our clutch Sunday morning practicing starts in the parking lot. A big thank you to the SV guys who jumped to help.
    We got it back together by race 9 and since we were in race 13, we had plenty of time to clean up the mess and get the bike redialed.

:up:

15. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Was that you looking for the clutch discs? I'm gonna be bringing my spares with me going forward. :)

16. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

Coulda been me or 4 other friends or the kid running around the parking lot looking for parts.

My wife found 5 friction plates locally and after Scotching the metal plates and re-using 2 of the old plates, we got er done.

+1 on the spare clutch components. We lost the clutch after the 3rd practice start. Went from hero to zero in less than 2 minutes. Going to have a complete spare clutch at the next round. Also makes me look closer on what else may be prone to breaking?

Cheers
    Bernie

17. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

yeah I remember Javelin swinging by the pits looking for parts while I was on my computer flipping through photos. I told ya to go see Racer's Edge in hopes they may be able to help ya

18. luke geis

luke geis Active Member

All i know is that my friend Jeff Havlik took 2. 1st places and 1. 2nd place. The second place was in formula 1. He was in A superstock, A superbike, and Formula 1. Eddie took 1st in formula 1. I see him wiz by me all the time at track days. I'm gonna get them both one day though. Just gotta get racing first.

19. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

Not sure where my wife found the parts but maybe it was them? Thanx for pitching in.

Jav got an easy 1st in LWT SS novice with only 2 on the grid but came in 6th overall on the 17 bike mixed grid which was pretty decent. Next round we should have a few changes made that will bring him closer to the front.

Cheers
    Bernie

20. sanfret

sanfret Almost as fast as my kid