1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to save the AMA...

Discussion in 'General' started by BiZ, Oct 28, 2013.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Two different groups. AMA pro racing is not AMA Ohio.

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Shit, I don't have an iPhone either.

I know they exist. I know where to get one. I've seen commercials. I could go online and read endlessly about them. But, still, I just don't want one.

Now what?

3. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Well said Dave!

4. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I know. But I'm not the one who only put 'AMA' in the thread title.

5. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

What would happen if we (club racers) made sure to put various large vinyl on the side of our trailers that indicated we are part of some race team. Then drove the trailer around each weekend around town. Also parked it right in front of the front door of various motorcycle shops around town for much of a day?

If that was done all around the country would that help enlighten motorcyclists that there is motorcycle racing?

6. backcountryme

Or you would get your stuff stolen after advertising that you have race stuff in there.

7. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

probably would just be a shitload more trailer thefts.

8. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

Hahaha

But your comments are already priceless...

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And that's a problem how?

[​IMG]

10. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Don't keep shit in it then. The point is advertising.

11. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Entering the Dungeon in 3....2....1...

12. Chip

Chip Registered

Correct.

Correct.

Correct.

Correct.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Maybe if they make the XR1200 series the premier class (hey biggest bike = top billing class yeah?) it will draw in more of the Harley crowd :D

14. dasrider

dasrider 99 problems

How healthy is AMA supercross? I tuned into a race a while back and the stands were packed and the broadcast seemed pretty good. Would that model work for road racing?

15. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

You mean...Supermoto?

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yes as soon as all tracks that road racing is done on can fit in a stadium lined with seats.

17. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

So you're saying we're going to need some bigger stadiums? hehe

18. NAHLscout

NAHLscout Member

Elephant in the room

The always overlooked talking point is that the AMA could easily fix itself simply by manning up and making it equal in the pro sports world by investing in its players (riders) and setting realistic longevity through fair compensation and marketing it's riders , just like nascar has done and proven works. By doing this , it would legitimize the riders as true pro athletes, and take the exclusivity and focus off the machines and more on the skill of the riders

19. backcountryme

Bring in wooden sticks and chains road rash style. That would bring the fans in.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

:up: Look at Europe. Those people idolize guys like Rossi, Marquez, Lorenzo, even Max Biaggi has a loyal following (????). As much as I like many of the AMA riders, they're not very appealing characters. I cringe when I see an AMA commercial. Those old "watch us work" commercials were TERRIBLE.