1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Prep bike for winter

Discussion in 'General' started by lopitt85, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

No it likes to wait until 32.

badmoon692008 and turbulence like this.
  2. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Wind chill does not affect inanimate objects

I'd add to throw an old sheet over it, as a dust cover
    Saves a lot of cleaning come springtime

3. Steve H

Steve H Well-Known Member

I killed a nearly new lawnmower once doing that. Though to be fair the gas was a few years old.

4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Do a full sbk build.

badmoon692008 and TurboBlew like this.
  5. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Or just add engine ice. Well second thought I just realized how cold we are talking here, wow not sure engine ice would do.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

as opposed to the tank being empty?? exactly how much condensation forms over 6 months??

In NJ winters... Id drain the carb & tank... that fuel was used for the snow blower. Then when the spring rolled around...it was fresh fuel & premix. My local shop had fogging oil and they used to charge $75 to "winterize"...which was draining the fuel and fogging the cylinders plus disconnecting the battery. One of the techs loved it because he put all the drained gas into his metal cans and used it in his "plow" truck...lol. At the time Im like... its only $.8o/gallon

7. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Well...good news fellas, my wife loves me. She was definitely not into the living room idea, but we settled on the mud room. Nothing in there but washer/dryer and some storage shelves. Heated just like the rest of the house. I'll call that a win.

It probably didn't hurt to bring it up after :Putter: :crackup:

Sabre699 likes this.
  8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Just be sure to get it writing first :dead:

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Smart man on the last part.