1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make the 600 Honda Faster?

Discussion in 'General' started by GNC, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Mongo's fault.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You think? :Poke:

"Why the fuck do I want a caravan that's got no fucking wheels?"

3. Chip

Chip Registered

Uhhh...last I checked, Honda's "game" was selling street bikes.

:stupid:

This thread has no chance....

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Feels like a Ducati bash coming....

I sense it...

5. racing+life

racing+life Well-Known Member

I really don't know, but is Yamaha selling more R6 street bikes these days because of racing??

6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

:up:

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Don't know how it is nationwide, or with Yamaha or other makes in general, but after we started racing heavily, and having our race bikes on display, our 675 sales has really been great. They've always been good sellers, but showing off the race bikes slcertainly has helped.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Honda's MO has always been (in recent history anyway) to build decent (and profitable to build/sell) streetbikes, then to use it's clout to work the rules to it's favor allowing them to build really badass unobtainium racebikes that they can use to dominate with.

Now, with most race orgs moving to a more stock-based rules package, Honda can't compete so it's taken it's ball and gone home (hopefully to regroup). The only true factory Honda effort left is the GP team.

9. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

That is what I said...I think! ;)

10. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

Remind me... Where was the top placing Suzuki in the super sport race? :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

suprised nobody had just welded a honda neck with vin onto an R6 chassis and slapped some CBR body work on it. :D

Shoot... Honda wont have to change much to get an R6 motor into a current cbr chassis. Its not like Honda owners will look past the engine covers with Honda embossed on them. :Poke:

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm actually kind of curious to see what Yamaha does if/when it ever decides to revamp the R6. It's essentially the same basic platform for the last 8 years with only minor changes in between. In that time both Suzuki and Kawi have made rather significant 600 revamps, Honda obviously not so much.

I know it's been brought up several times that they don't need to yet as its still more than capable platform, which I agree with, but I'm more interested in seeing what kind if gamble they would go with if they do ever upgrade the platform......maybe by 2020 or so? :D

13. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

great movie and great line

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You shut your mouth! :moon::mad:

:(

15. My thoughts exactly.

The absolute WORST thing that could happen would be for racing orgs to start making provisions for outdated bikes. If that happens, then the Manufacturer would have no incentive to come out with anything better.

16. They haven't needed to change the R6 because it is still the best 600cc. If it wouldn't still be winning, they would have had to do something. Kinda what I was getting at about the Honda. If orgs start allowing the Honda different rules to make it competitive, they wont have any reason to change it.

The R6 also hasn't had to change anything because nobody else has either. Kawi is the only Jap OEM who has constantly made changes and given us several ground-up new bikes over the past 8 years. The others haven't done shit.

17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

According to the announcers for the wsbk race on Sunday yamaha has a brand new r6 they are waiting for the right time to release

18. Rumors have been flying around about the 675cc 3cyl R6 for a few years now. They have had the motor for at least 2 years.

IMO, that is the perfect MW machine (675cc Triple). It is very light, narrow, more aerodynamic and the power delivery is incredible. More mid-range torque than a 600cc I-4 and it puts the power down so smooth and predictable. As Eslick and DiSalvo have illustrated, they are very competitive.

Several bikes have come and gone over the past 5 years, but my 675 is still here. Very rarely do I ever actually miss riding a certain bike. I can unass them and not think twice. But I can't bring myself to get rid of the 675. I can go 8 months without riding it, jump on it and within 5 laps match the race pace of whatever else I have been racing.

Lora is riding at track days, and will likely start racing it this year. I need to get me one of the kickass Apex 675's.

19. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

And now the Kawi is winning on the big scene

20. Caleb 6R

Caleb 6R "the new guy"

I have a HRC honda that Jodi Christie rode last year, it's more then fast enough, but compared to my Kawi's it seems to lack something. When riding the kawi against most things including liter bikes it didn't feel like it gave up much. Nowi haven't raced the new honda, but it doesn't seem to have that punch. But the chassis and handling should make up for it with tons of corner speed.