1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How soon to dyno a new street bike?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Auron, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Auron

Auron Well-Known Member

Wasn't sure where to ask this then it hit me... Wera!

I have a new Superduke 1290 that I got over-excited about and already installed an intake and exhaust on. If one were concerned about longevity, how many miles is idea? Assuming I wouldn't want to pay extra to have them do it on the dyno.

Thanks!

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Google Dyno- break-in

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

However many feet from the showroom floor to the dyno room ..

4. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

^This guy^

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

You can go straight from the crate to the dyno. SOP for a dealership I worked at.

6. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

First time I ran my new FZ-07 was on the dyno. Gave it a few minutes to get it's juices up to temp, then I beat the dog shit out of it. Same goes for any engine I build.

Riders Discount likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

KTM already beat you to it......jump to 4:00

Part of the assembly and QA process of the bikes are to run them in on the dyno to make sure the engine is functioning properly ad producing proper output.

8. Auron

Auron Well-Known Member

I'm sure the dyno is a great way to break it in, but I just wanted to make sure making a custom map is any harder on the engine.

9. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Wouldn't building a custom map be easier and better for the engine for break-in purposes?

10. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Building a map is a great way to break it in. Have the dyno guy do all the part-throttle/low rpm mapping first, and then work toward the upper TPS/RPM ranges.

Auron likes this.