1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how scary is turn 1 at roeblin road

Discussion in 'General' started by superhawk78, Feb 15, 2002.

1. rob600rider

rob600rider THE MAN

was thesame way here.. until i got behind caylor going into 1 at TGPR.. I thought ok. just do what he does.. The whole turn i was thinking "not gonna make it , not gonna make it!... phew i made it.. " then i look up and he's already through the sweeper.lol

2. wera688

wera688 Well-Known Member

Be very afraid. T1 is the most feared turn in racing. It is a 130mph balls out wild-ass crazy turn. Most racers never come back from it. Those who do are usually babbling incoherently. Even Gobert came back with skid marked briefs

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

right after he turned a 1m04secd lap! [​IMG]

4. superhawk78

superhawk78 Well-Known Member

im realy looking foward to getting out there again

5. Tony & Amy

Tony & Amy Guest

Don't be afraid of the track you will love it! What you need to be afraid of is the can and a half dipping track manager. LOOK OUT!! Don't let him catch you drinking before the end of the day or else!

Tony #20 EBRS

6. funksouljon

funksouljon Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. And no wheelies at Roebling. I was yelled at for a wheelie. My response?
    "Hey, it's just a bicycle and I am going to the bathroom!"
    "Don't argue with me kid, NO WHEELIES!"

7. superhawk78

superhawk78 Well-Known Member

gotcha no wheelies

8. scuzzlebutt

scuzzlebutt Proffessional Twat

Hey! I can't resist... I know the guy that Banzai'ed into turn one. It was Jarcoco, he was drafting the RC51 and tried to outbrake him into turn one and realized they were 4 wide! Bad decision, but he learned alot! I was an innocent observer. I might bring my TLR out to play there, hope to see ya!

9. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Like Brad said, turn 1 is super fast and there's not a lot of braking. You scrub off the speed and turn 2 is where you slow down and setup for the drive out. Turn 3 is WFO wicked fast and the track flows well so prepare to scare yourself repeatedly lap after lap. [​IMG]

10. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

That was so funny when he came over to your pits at lunch on Sunday that weekend. Your kids were sitting there eating hot dogs in a family environment and this "Gestapo" is searching your pits for beer cans. I wanted to drop kick that dude. [​IMG]

11. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

I dunno, never been thru T1 at roeblin. [​IMG]

12. Tony & Amy

Tony & Amy Guest

13. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

And be sure you keep your dog on a leash or the track management will "shoot him."

Stupid track nazis.

One more reason Roebling is going downhill fast.

14. mad brad

mad brad Guest

once i was there at a CCS weekend and a guy driveng the big sweeper thing knocked a race bike over. when asked about it after he fled the scene he said "it shouldn't have been there." [​IMG]

15. WERA29

And this one time, at band camp....... [​IMG]

Hey Brad, nice location. [​IMG] Does the A.Y. stand for All Y'All? [​IMG]

16. mad brad

mad brad Guest

why yes it does. i AM a redneck nawth carolinian and all.

17. WERA29

That's actually a good thing because you'uns wouldn't work at all. [​IMG]

18. unoigo

unoigo Well-Known Member

Well, I thought I would bring this thread up instead of starting a new one. I am thinking about heading down to Roebling in March and now all of you guys got me thinking about turn 1. The track reaaly looks fast! Does turn 1 resemble turn 1 at VIR North? Kinda looks that way.

19. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Turn 1 at Roebling is a lot faster than it looks since it opens up on exit. You go in really fast and scrub speed all the way to the entrance to turn two. Or....like last year carry speed through turn 2, miss apex by about 12 feet and end up in the grass!

20. Squirrelly

Squirrelly Well-Known Member

this is what someone told me before I went to roebling---
    DONT BRAKE UNTILL YOU SEE GOD!!!
    or you will be passed [​IMG]