1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Much $$$ Would You Pay to Ride a Current GP Bike???

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

You know, if you sacrificed all of that for a ride on a GP19, everyone would say...

"You are all right!"

2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Like i said... i was drunk!

Potts N Pans likes this.
  3. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Seeing how Rossi is a 9 time world champ and it took Begging to let Uccio get a ride, im guessing you dont have enough. BUt, you can buy old gp bikes and ride them.

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Nicky's bike.

1374142_626563530700529_1434991716_n.jpg

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

in all fariness, the one i sat on was in the Pramac box, in the evening with teardown happening while speaking with Francesco... he just said, no picture please. grazie.

SpeedyE, Ra.Ge. Raptor and vizsladog like this.
  6. A. Barrister

Will this do? Lol.

1234471_626557314034484_1190008640_n.jpg

7. vizsladog

My buddy Has a Ducati Dealership. They brought a "Nicky" motogp bike for display after he received some sort of dealer reward. Anyways, we looked at closely and it was actually a rossi bike with Nicky's bodywork on it.

SpeedyE and Phl218 like this.
  8. A. Barrister

Could be the same dealership my pics were at. Ducati Detroit?

9. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure that is exactly the case. I would be more concerned of the tire cooling down while I’m riding it resulting in a crash, for that reason alone I would bet they fit regular Michelin slicks to the bike if this scenario were to happen.

I wish Geoff Maloney was still posting here, I had a long talk with him regarding the bridgestones when he did the CRT thing. If memory serves he said they were hard as a rock and looked like a chunk of plastic when cold, once warmed up they felt like they had spikes digging into the pavement and the closest thing to their carcass feeling at the time was a UK dunlop. It was also $1600 or $1800 per set and he was on the hook for flying in a Bridgestone tech from Japan, paying for his room and food while here and that man was the only person allowed to handle the tires. Once the testing was over the tires got shipped back to japan for evaluation!

SpeedyE likes this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

???? :confused:

11. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Is that training with or without the Smokes

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Get rid of them and all the rest and I'm not talking getting a moto3 bike around a track at anything fast, just to get it around the track without destroying it and myself.

motoracer1100 and SpeedyE like this.
  13. vizsladog

it was in florida

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

There’s a guy here in SoCal who bought Rossi and Nicky’s Ducatis at the end of the year.

vizsladog likes this.