1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Much $$$ Would You Pay to Ride a Current GP Bike???

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Nov 2, 2019.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The technology has improved a lot since those days, though.

crashman likes this.
  2. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I said this in post 16. BBoz rode off and quit the race during a wildcard ride at Laguna, said he couldn't get the brakes up to working temp. IIRC, Duhammel did the same? No way anyone on here can ride it hard enough to be able to stop it.

3. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Hell, I would need them to put some Pilot Powers on too. Not those newfangled 2CTs either; I'm talking about the original Pilot Powers.

SpeedyE, badmoon692008 and Senna like this.
  4. I can’t speak for the others, but that never entered my mind. Not even for a second.

For me, wanting to ride it multiple times is so I can get somewhat used to the feel/ergos/track/etc so I can actually concentrate on and enjoy what the bike feels like.

I wouldn’t want to immediately destroy a multi-million $ machine, so I’d want time to work my way into it and try to push...for my enjoyment only.

cav115, KneeDragger_c69 and cpettit like this.
  5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I’ll have you know that I have over 200 laps at Mugello on my Xbox and am fully equipped and prepared to stuff it up the inside of Petrucci in turn 1.

6. Valid point.

In that case, I’m also prepared to come from 12th to 1st going into T1, punting over half of them off the track. :D

SpeedyE and Senna like this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

I’ve sat on a pramac gp bike but wasn’t allowed to have a pic taken on it. Only beside it.
    I’d give my left ball and my left kidney to ride a GP19

SpeedyE likes this.
  8. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

I'd much rather scream and park a 500 just to hear and smell the 2T awesomeness.

rd400racer and sdg like this.
  9. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

This 1000000%

10. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Let's reframe the question. How much does it cost a team to run 6 laps? Wear and tear on the bike plus consumables. What's the per lap cost for a MotoGP bike? Then add in the crew and support staff. I bet it costs well over $1000 to run 6 laps unless the team is subsidizing the laps in some way. If I paid a bunch of money to ride a GP bike, I would want 30+ laps on some SBK at that track just before hopping on it. If I could ride a GP bike at the same pace as a SBK, I'd call that a win.

11. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Does at least 50% of a MotoGP riders talent come with that purchase price?

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I got drunk in the Marc VDS hospitality once and tried to steal Reddings RC211V. Didn't seem that hard to ride. 12095201_10153043095886432_3145788348214298266_o.jpg

SpeedyE likes this.
  13. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I'm sitting here wondering how many people on the beeb have enough talent to even get enough heat in the tires so they work properly? I sure as hell know I don't.

And @HPPT , it's Tree-fiddy sir.

14. "Properly" is subjective.

"We" wouldn't need to get them up to optimal working temps, because we wouldn't be asking optimal performance out of them.

Its similar to the "slicks on the street" subject. People always say "you'll never get them up to optimal temps on the street"...and that is true, but we also aren't riding hard enough to require them to be at optimal temps.

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I know that they have improved alot. I just figured that they would still be way more than most could handle. Your comment got me thinking about it though and I found an article that claims more riders are using carbons in the rain now so maybe your average guy could get them warm enough to work.
    But I am sure that the slowest, shittiest MotoGP bike on the grid would absolutely floor people for acceleration and handling and be the best bike they have ever ridden. Probably set up for rain so that the suspension would actually move. :crackup:But I think the only bikes I would actually be able to fold my old ass on to would be Rossi's, Petrucci's or Aleix Espargaro's though. I think all of the other bikes are set up for guys the size of spider monkeys...:D

SpeedyE likes this.
  16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

My thoughts are the bike would be so much more capable than I am that the vast mismatch in capabilities would make for a less than enjoyable experience.

SuddenBraking and rd400racer like this.
  17. G2G

G2G I feel the need

$1500-$2000 depending on what bike and also if I can pose with it to take pics for the gram..... LOL JK

18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

From what I remember reading (and this was a while ago), is that it's like riding on ice until the tires get to temp.

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, I'd just feel more inadequate.:(

20. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

RC213V :beer: