1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much MA riders getting paid?

Discussion in 'General' started by bugeye, Sep 26, 2019.

1. bugeye

bugeye Well-Known Member

Can you just list the salaries that you know without any names so I can get an idea. Thanks

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh I have no doubt. I'm sure this was a big influencer and motivated them to explore options etc. They certainly saw the writing on the wall with ever decreasing sales trends.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Knowing Rick for years (decades? Centuries?) I'll answer for him: No.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The good old days had riders getting six figure bonuses :D

G 97 likes this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

What did Suzuki pay MM for a win?

I know Dave K knows. :D

6. Yes :) going wherever there is money. Try explaining to people outside the US many people use club racing to help fund their pro racing because you can (well used to) make a lot $ in a weekend. So maybe a job being inverse pro.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Or coming home with $8-10k on a Yamaha weekend :) at a regional....

G Dawg and SpeedyE like this.
  8. daracing13

daracing13 Well-Known Member

I have made a living racing for the last 13 years. I have only been top 5 in 4 of those seasons.
    If you think outside the box anything is possible. I don’t know the financial situation of any other team but my guess is that there is less than 5 of us that actually operate a race team as a profitable business.

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

Or fishing off the purses of club racing because they’re only wannabe pro. As in professionally composed sponsoring funding pro

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I would day you're pretty smart but I'm betting it's the wife :D

Nick_OMC likes this.
  11. daracing13

For sure it’s the wife. No secret there.

Nick_OMC likes this.
  12. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

Agree with this Dave, gotta be creative. It's a shame to see teams leave and try to point fingers all over as to why it's not their fault. Mad respect for you and any other team that shows up and simply does their job.

Whatever it takes.

Maxrr, Nick_OMC, drop and 6 others like this.
  13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

You post your annual tax returns here announcing to the world how much you do or don't make annually and Cam B, Garret, JD, Tony, and Herrin will then post
    theirs, too.

Phl218 likes this.
  14. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Well, I'm going to have to see a few pictures before we can know how smart she is. :D

15. daracing13

When Kyle posts pic of his wife I’ll post pictures of my wife. Ha ha

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

He has.

17. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

...and an 8-Ball so stepped on a Nike Swoosh or Converse star is imprinted on the bag.

18. And I’ll second that no, motion carried.

19. One thing I admire about you is you faced reality that you didn’t have that one big sponsor to find the season so you did the one race thing. That’s A LOT more works but I admire that whatever it takes attitude instead of throwing your toys out of the sandbox and pitching a fit.

20. Or something like that :) I just want some time to fish, like literally fishing :)