1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how many track days a year

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffmack, Oct 4, 2019.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Because they find trackdays closer aligned with their own on track riding objectives. Using your logic, no one would go racing because it requires additional prep as compared to trackdays.

baconologist likes this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’ve seen far more expensive get offs at trackdays then I ever have while racing. Not even close.
    Although the ut most damaging yard sale get off have been while racing. Breaking a bike in half takes skill. :D

3. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

No, you're taking my words out of context, and as I previously stated, to which you coincidentally ignored, is that it's a sport of progression. The over whelming majority of people do not want to go from zero to hero on the racing grid.

4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Because they don’t have a desire to compete head to head.
    Because they are getting additional track time between race weekends
    Because they want to ride without speed limits or a clock

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because the majority have no interest in racing.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sport of progression = learning curve. Which I have stated multiple times. “Trackdays do not change the riders learning curve process. A rider can very easily go through this same learning curve process with out any increased risk by racing as they can by doing a trackday. It’s up to the individual.” I don’t think I’ve ignored anything.

So it all comes down to individual choice. Some want to race. Some do not. Too each their own.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Because you can win a trackday.:flag:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The overwhelming majority don't ever want to race at all.

9. Wheel Bearing

And me suggesting to someone they get a handful of track days under their belt before gridding up hurts racing how again?

10. Wheel Bearing

Never said they must. Your interpretation.

And you're not going to touch how different track day orgs classify riders? For fucks sake, people get their fucking EXPERT bump because they don't race against anyone. But yeah, I'll follow your lead on that - won't touch that. :crackup:

You want to leverage your experience running WERA and bringing all sorts of riders of varying experience, but want to shit on my opinion after 6 years of racing experience. That's rich.

The opinion I've formed from dealing with a very large number of street and track day riders, to which I believe is the safest way of progression for an up and coming track rider.

That's rich. :crackup:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Read your words. I didn't make them up, you typed them.

I am curious since you're the expert, how many trackday orgs do you actively deal with? How does every trackday across the country define intermediate? Oh while you're at it - what about those that don't even use the term intermediate? Yeah, once again, you're one rule fits all method doesn't work.

On the Expert thing, yep, we do that. What is your point? Are you now also the person who determines if a riders is ready to be an expertt or not? Must be busy as hell determining how everyone should run everything...

I'm not leveraging anything. I will flat out say that my 31 years of working races and working with racers at all levels and especially in this discussion working with tens of thousands as they get into racing trumps your 6 years.

Your opinion is great and I understand why you have formed it. Nothing wrong with that at all. I only take exception when you say things indicating all other opinions are bullshit especially when you try and use the whole safety thing to prove your opinion to be somehow fact.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

BTW - I don't run WERA. The lady with 40+ years of experience getting people into racing does that...

13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Et tu, Mongo??? C'mon, man! :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry, should have stopped responding to the shit a while ago rather than go back and forth on other work. Just bothers me when people make up things that aren't true about what I said and even more so about WERA. Then they're lying about the boss and that's just not cool.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

i like to ride my Harley

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Mongo is not only killing road racing, he also killed Caesar.

jeffmack likes this.
  17. Wheel Bearing

The point is there is no set bar to be an Expert, much like there is no set bar to be an Intermediate rider. A 600 rider that gets bumped to Expert has quite a bit more experience than someone racing in one of the obscure classes I listed that only race against one or two other people throughout the year. Both finish in the top 5 for their class, sure, but one has undoubtedly has more "bar to bar" experience than the other. It's 2019 - we've all seen the FB posts with the guy talking about getting bumped despite missing X amount of rounds that season.

Suggesting someone get bumped to Intermediate, regardless of group, is the bar I use as it's a general indicator of their riding ability. You're getting hung up on the specific group, and completely missing my point. By that point, they've learned a ton about riding on the track, setting up passes, etc, whether it took them 6 track days to get to Intermediate, or their first day. Yet again, you completely miss the point I was trying to make - just get some general track experience. I know, such a shitty opinion to have, by trying to look out for someone's best interest from my experience, I know.

Now you're getting mad because you think I'm trying to determine how to run everything - this is the exact mentality problem I'm talking about. Obviously this isn't the first time this topic has come up. Yet, every time, it goes the same way. You ask for suggestions, someone makes suggestions, you say you're already doing stuff, nothing really changes.

Yeah you made some minor class changes - got it. I'm saying it's not enough. I don't feel I really need to "cite" a source for my argument, because the grid issue is known by everyone, and the information of seeing various track day orgs have their own mini series is also known to everyone, so there's that.

Like I said in my other posts - cut/merge/consolidate the classes with minimal participation. Fill that space with the crowd that's paying the majority of the build.

18. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Lucky for us you're not in charge... there would be no Endurance racing with this logic.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And more crap lying about what I actually said. Especially funny on the opinion bit since I specifically said there is nothing wrong with your opinion and I totally understand why you have it.

Seriously dude, what is wrong with you?

I'm only mad when you make up shit about WERA. That's not cool.

You haven't made one suggestion other than press releases that we're not already doing. On a lot of the other things people keep suggesting we have tried it, tried it recently, it didn't work. I am truly sorry that your ideas didn't work, trust me I'd love nothing more than a fix for club racing that would work.

On the classes I keep asking you to clarify what you're asking me to do - so clarify it already, go look at an actual schedule, now tell me of the normal 14-15 races which I can consolidate or cancel outright. Please factor in back to back races and downtime for riders to refuel and in the case of the 1k riders I've had a lot of feedback where they need to change tires somewhere in the middle. Once you find that extra time in the schedule please post what you'd like me to do with it, last I saw was something about credits as purse money - not sure why we need time to do that.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For that all thanks needs to go to Rob Cichiello... And you're correct, his logic would have me nuking the sprint class he actually races too.