1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how many track days a year

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffmack, Oct 4, 2019.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

And don’t EVER (even accidentally) assert that Sean is somehow shaking the WERA snow globe.

Ask me how I know. I felt like a microbe...:oops:

:D

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Fixed with real world experience.:D

rd49 and 5axis like this.
  3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

NC Bike is a great fun track... Safety on that one turn by the straight is not as bad as it looks however it would be bad if a bike hopped the air fence which it could.. I think the NO Pit Road is more dangerous than anything. also where would people watch and from where? No barriers.. no walls etc in the pit area. Not good for a spectating Event..

The Triple Crown.... That was the greatest racing experience I ever had by far.. I think I was the oldest racing that weekend for the whole event. It was Better than VintageFest at Barber IMO where I was the youngest..lol.. I appreciate WERA for putting in on and lasting as long as it did...

4. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

It's amazing how many people will write off the place having never turned a lap there, or even seen it person. The ownership of the track are some great people and willing to do a lot of work on their end to try and make things happen.

I would say, if you've been there, you'd know that you can see quite a bit of the track from the top of the 'hill' that's by the front straight. ;)

There is that huge blacktop part by the front straight that could be converted, adapted, or something to make some kind of compromising solution. But just like anything else, it's give and take. It took N2's involvement to reboot the endurance series. It was a risk they have (and still are) taking, because WERA had to shut it down due to lack of numbers. That's no fault of WERA, but in the same breath, you can't expect a place like NCBIKE to fork out $ to undergo major revision without increasing their customer base first...

I never said any of these ideas were ideal, and it's going to take compromising from all sides to figure out what is actually sustainable.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not what I said. Try again.

And yet one more time - I can nuke all of those classes. Then what? What does it save WERA? What time does it save? What money does it save other than trophy costs? You keep insisting they should go but why? Right now it's effectively free money as it costs me no more track time to add them to a race that is already going to run because it does have a good turnout. So why should I refuse that income?

I'm all for new ideas but you haven't proposed one yet...

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have created a racetrack with a uturn pit lane for endurance racing. I've set tracks up for their first ever races. I drew the modification for Putnams last turn on a napkin after a friend got killed there. I've got a bit of experience making things work, which is exactly how I can look at satellite pix and tell if something won't. Others I need to see in person.

7. Marcos415

Marcos415 Well-Known Member

For what it’s worth I didn’t even know what club racing was let alone any of the organizations in my area. I found out about trackdays through a local street riding forum. Once I started doing trackdays I learned about racing and this forum from the vendors, trackdays staff, and pit neighbors. Eventually I did the NRS with Trackdaz and started racing CVMA on and off since 2014.

It was a smooth transition and much more wallet friendly because little by little I was able to get the racing essentials like bodywork, stands, warmers, generator, camping/pit gear, etc WITHOUT sacrificing track time due to upfront costs. I do understand everybody is different but for a former canyon carving street squid like me this is what worked best for me.

MachineR1 likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, and that route works great for a lot of people.