1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many SV650 racers in 2001??

Discussion in 'General' started by Andy Bankston, Jan 22, 2001.

1. Andy Bankston

Andy Bankston DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?

Just out of curiosity, how many of you in BBS land are racing an SV this year? Post what classes you plan to race (LWT, HWT, f2, DSB)and if you're expert/novice. Will one of these replace B/C production as the traditional 3-wave start class? Let's see how many reply...And no, there will be no recounts [​IMG]

2. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

I'm not. [​IMG] ha ha ha ha My mission in 2001 is to make life tough for the SV's in D-SBK expert.

[This message has been edited by Tracee Polcin (edited 01-22-2001).]

3. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

Me. Expert.

Hopefully, D-Super will be the Suzuki contingency class, so I'll focus on it, and those selected events.

The rest of the classes(LWSolo, LWT & F2) will be run for fun and entertainment, but I can't afford to chase regional championships.

The Rain Director can use my pretty bike for HW Twins anytime we're together.

4. jericson996

jericson996 Well-Known Member

Novice running d, LW/HW Twins and F2

5. Andy Bankston

Tracee, we might let you put SV bodywork on your bike so you won't feel left out [​IMG]

6. Tracee Polcin

ha ha ha ha ha [​IMG]

7. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

Robert Nees took D-Super in the Mid-Atlantic Region last year on a FiZzeR.

You'll have to battle all 5'8", 135lbs of him for the belt. [​IMG]

8. Tracee Polcin

No I won't, well not all year because I race in the Southeast!!!! [​IMG]

9. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Uh, Rob would have to gain 35 lbs to weigh 135lbs.

F$%^#%^g midgets are ruining racing. [​IMG]

10. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

Novice #326; planning on some track days and local events (Carolina d, LW twins).

11. Tracee Polcin

Hey Andy, you started this thread but you never said what you run. How about it? [​IMG]

12. Hammer-117

Hammer-117 Well-Known Member

No SV here. But I'll be running D-SB and LW Solo. Maybe a few F2's. I'll be on a Bandit 400. This will be my first year in a large, very competitive class. (ex-clubman racer) So, the middle of the pack will be fine......for the first few races, anyway.
    I'll be running a lot of Sybil's races as well.

13. Tracee Polcin

Hammer you a expert or novice?

14. Hammer-117

Hammer-117 Well-Known Member

Depends on who you ask. WERA says I'm a novice, but what do they know [​IMG]

15. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

Sorry, that was soaking wet, wearing his leathers, AND carrying his helmet! [​IMG]

16. Andy Bankston

I raced a GSX-R750 last year, sold it, bought an SV to race this year. I'm a novice, gonna run SE region, probably LWT, F2 and DSB. Maybe HWT at the tight tracks. I think I will do better and have more fun in this class after riding the 50+ bike grids (road A). Hope to learn a lot more too. Now just gotta hurry and get this thing ready!!!

17. kawboy

kawboy Guest

Novice running D,LW,probably F2 in the southeast. This survey would be more meaningful, in terms of grid sizes, if everyone mentioned region! The comment about HW on tight tracks makes me think - I generally suck, but was passing GSXRs and R1's at Talladega the day after I bought the bike and on the previous owner's setup. Maybe I will do that, too.

18. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

I'll second that motion. The mighty FZR400RR now has white plates.

There was some sort of neon green and black SV I saw a lot last year... It might want to re-think that Suzuki money in D-Super thing [​IMG]

(That was a joke Steve...)
    - Roach

19. MARRC11

MARRC11 Well-Known Member

Mid-Atlantic, Novice, D, LWT, F2 - oh, whatever they let me do and I can afford.

20. wera688

wera688 Well-Known Member

All that I know is there are TOO many SV racers this year! [​IMG]