1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many SV650 racers in 2001??

Discussion in 'General' started by Andy Bankston, Jan 22, 2001.

1. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Anytime we're together?? Are you refering to a Race Team or my weight??? [​IMG]

And anyone who says anything about me not going fast enough to wear out TSR's tires will NOT get thier name drawn for the entry credit for attending Rider's Meeeting!! [​IMG] Ya hear that, Roach?

ROTFLMFAO

2. Hubbard

Hubbard Puff... Puff... Give...

{raising hand}

North Central sportsman
    LW Twins, HW Twins, and occasionally F2 and LW Solo20.

National Challenge (select few)
    LW Twins and HW Twins

Shane Hubbard
    novice #67

3. tbuilt

tbuilt Well-Known Member

I spent quite a bit of time with Lee Acr....I mean Cherry Picker this past weekend and he let me in on some top secret Suzuki info. It seems Suzuki is not only going to provide 2 factory built SV 650s for him in Sept. 2001 (just in time to qualify for Suzuki cup) but they have set them up for him to ride simutanously therefore collecting prize money for first AND second.
    Personally, I think it's an outrage because that means I will have to make twice as many trips to the tire truck. Chuck, from what I understand, is still waiting to hear from Pirelli reguarding doubling the budget for unubtainable special tires. More to come as I spy within the Arclight camp [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by tbuilt (edited 01-22-2001).]

4. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

What are you doing? You know somebody is gonna think this is serious and start another cherrypicking debate! [​IMG]

5. frkF4gir1

frkF4gir1 Guest

Hey now! I resemble that remark!

Novice(Black SV). SE region. D-SB and LWT. First season, so I'll be heading up the rear for a while. [​IMG]

6. tbuilt

tbuilt Well-Known Member

What do ya mean? I am serious! Just wanted to give that somebody plenty of time to buy a RC-51 or something that would be competative for them in LW class. [​IMG]

7. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

I have no worries about you needing speed to wear out the tires.

[​IMG]
    - Roach

8. Hammer-117

Hammer-117 Well-Known Member

Cool, now I'll have an excuse for being back there too! "I was, uh...watching her!! Yeah, that's it!" [​IMG]

frkF4gir1, you gonna make the first race in Talladega?

9. AL GOODWIN

AL GOODWIN Well-Known Member

I'll be there!!! '99 SV, same one I won 12 races on last year as a novice. Will be running expert #36 this year, look for the flat black bike, like Ducati is painting their streetbikes. I will be running and hopefully winning the Mid-Central Region LighTwins, F-2, and selected Heavyweight Twins races(Talledega). I can't run many nationals, they interfere with my work schedule too much.
    I'm not looking forward to the drive to Hallett, Ok. in March, but I will be there for the first time. If anyone can give me any details about the track there I'd appreciate it.
    Well, in all seriousness, I'll just be at the tracks this year, having fun, that's what it's all about.

10. AL GOODWIN

AL GOODWIN Well-Known Member

Oh, I forgot to add that all 6'1" 220lbs. of me will be on that bike.
    I don't know how the diet went wrong, I should have been at my ideal racing weight (165lbs.) by now!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Well ya'll have fun jockeying around behind me for the drafting tidal wave that always follows me around. [​IMG]

11. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

I'm not going to make it to the first race. On Feb 9th I'm having my third and what I hope is the final operation on my wrist I broke (shattered) bailing off of my YZ250.
    If the operation does any good I should be at the next SE race as a novice on a stock SV.

12. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

I should be at the next SE race as a novice on a stock SV.

SE Expert 888 Standard SV. Almost have the bike finished, still waiting on bodywork to be painted. Only problem is I sheared off the left side motor mount bolt! [​IMG] I swear it wasn't my fault! Is there a machinist in the house? [​IMG]

Buff Harsh

[This message has been edited by footwork (edited 01-23-2001).]

13. mtiberio

mtiberio Well-Known Member

I'll be out on a SS spec SV in the mid-atlantic...

14. WERA82

WERA82 Infidel, phone ringing...

Left last years R6 race bike for a 99'SV as a novice. Plan on LWT, F2, and LWSolo20's in the Southeast. Did you guys know this thing only has two cylinders? [​IMG]

15. kawboy

kawboy Guest

Are there any "novices" out there who aren't climbing off of one race bike to get on another? Do I need to lobby WERA to create a new class - "Real novice" ??? I have reserved my place at the back of the pack and will deeply resent anyone with any experience trying to take it from me [​IMG]

16. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

I haven't raced since 1997. Does that count? If I can't get my wrist fixed it looks like you might have save me a space at the back of the pack.
    I did the Frank Kinsey (no brakes) thing at Roebling just to see what I could do with my gimped up arm and all I could squeeze out were some 1:27s.

17. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

I figure you'll be sooooooo focused on the 250, that you'll just forget to bring the 400RRRRRRR to the track. [​IMG]

18. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

When you and I are at the same track, at the same time.

19. Andy Bankston

Andy Bankston DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?

Last year was my first year racing, did ok the first few races, but had a nasty highside at roebling, and a lowside at CMP. My body finally healed, but I don't think my mind did. I was not going as fast the second half of the season, I was pretty average, a mid-pack racer. I guess I had some kind of "mental block" or something. So I hope the new bike and new classes will let me get faster and better. If not, I guess I'll be fighting for 28th position with you :P

20. frkF4gir1

frkF4gir1 Guest

I'm on schedule thus far!