1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how long before clancy is on sh*t list

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by mtiberio, May 25, 2004.

1. mtiberio

mtiberio Well-Known Member

2. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

his book was the first time I ever saw anything written about using a large plane as a missile.

3. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Can't agree that it was the first time a book used the plane as a missle scenario, but 9-11 sure made Clancy's fiction look all too real.

BTW, did you catch Clancy's response on what jack Ryna would do?

Nahhh.. not another Jack Ryan book....

4. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Maybe not the first time for a missile scenario, but the first time that I read as well where it was that large scale and was a terrorist attack. That was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the 9/11 attacks. Well, the second.... :(

That was only one of about 2 Clancy books I've read...

5. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

I just watched the Charlie Rose interview with Tom Clancy & Gen. Zinni, that was Bush's nail in his coffin. :clap:

6. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

You'll probably get your wish in four years, when Hillary is voted in by the throngs of people who want more government running their lives, and higher taxes (only for the achievers, of course). Cheers.

7. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

That seems inevitable Jay. :( I think Bush over-corrected but his war magnified the problems. Man I'm not looking forward to paying the man more money to mismanage but I see it comin'.

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You mean they're gonna pass even more Patriot Acts?

9. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

If Hillary gets in (again), the Patriot Act is going to be the least of your government worries. You'd better hope like heck that Hillary doesn't put Maxine Waters or Diane Feinstein in any higher ranking positions. They're already trying to invade mine and yours 401Ks.

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Can't get mine. The corp I worked for went TU and took all my ESOP stock with it.

11. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

Looks like they are fishing the media for free plugs of their book.

You might be surprised by the amount of military folks who support the concept of the war in Iraq, but not the way in which it was wages and its timing.

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Hmmmm. Something about that sounds familiar...

13. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

No, its not like Vietnam. We have an obtainable limited goal in Iraq which we are moving towards, instead of wobbling around half heartedly, trying to use diplomacy with the NV on one hand, and fighting their communist support with the other.

Its just that there have been more mistakes and stratigic bad decisions made during this campaign than there should be expected from the Administration.

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Speaking to the specific comment that a number of military personnel are not against the war per se, but the way it is prosecuted, there is a parallel.

Most of the people I met in VVAW, were not anti-war, they were against the way we were fighting the war in Vietnam.

15. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Or they were against us being there at all. But its been 30 years since I had any contact with VVAW, so wtf do I know? Those brain cells were spent a long time ago!!

16. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Not sure if i agree with the first paragraph. I thought that our goals in VN were pretty much the same as in Iraq, except that Bush seemed to have very lofty goals of both remaking Iraq into a modern democracy and utilizing success in Iraq as a spring board to destabilize other governments in the region, sort of a grand plan to change the face of Middle East politics.

I do agree with your second paragraph though.