1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How is the economy affecting your racing endeavors?

Discussion in 'General' started by RoadracerR123, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Roosell

Roosell It's just as I suspected

Group hug.

2. chase2000gt

chase2000gt Well-Known Member

It has effected me BIG time! I'm a tile contractor. With the housing market taking a shit, so has my tile business. I went from making 6-12k monthly, to $2500 in the past two months. I had to sell a car, put my bike up for sale, refinance my work truck, and move back into my moms basement! lol. Needless to say, my racing has stopped completely.

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I am thinking I can pick up a first place trophy next year!:D

4. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

This year and last year if has effected my program big time.

If it wasnt for my sponsors I wouldnt have raced at all. Thankfully I had a few small sponsors that paid for a very modest race program.

Hell...I was doing AMA rounds by hitching a ride on one of my sponsors trucks and only using two sets of new tires a race weekend. I would then use those tires for practice at the next round. To boot...I was running a 2006 Gixxer 1k, so no new bike here.

Kinda funny thing....I dont think that there was a WERA race this last year that I ever bought new tires for :crackup: Hell if I recall right....I ran the second fastest lap time this last round in Vegas on Dunlops that had over 40 laps on them:D

As for next year it looks as if my sponosors will be stepping up a little and hopefully my income/bills will stabilize.

5. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's not economy from what I read. It's other CCS races being at track they were running their stuff at already. Oversaturate the market and it'll die.

7. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I wondered when/if that would happen... Never thought there could be too many but guess it happened.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Happens all the time really. That's why we don't go into certain areas, no reason to hurt the local clubs or us.

9. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Makes sense - thanks for the clarification.