1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how bout them JACKETS!!?!! (Tarheads SUCK!)

Discussion in 'General' started by jp233, Feb 10, 2004.

1. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

ACC hoops is off the chain.

BJ Elder should have the initials MJ - dude is incredible. Many mistakes and bad fouls on both sides, and as always refs blow, but a great game,,,,,,

UP WITH THE WHITE AND GOLD, biiiiaaaaaaaaatches!!! :D

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

It's TARHOLES , not TARHEADS . :D

And congrats, Yellowjackets.

3. jp233

sure, Tarholes, Tarheads, Tarjackasses whatever ya wanna call em, F em!

Duke needs to LOSE an ACC game soon,,,

4. Doublrs

Doublrs Blingracer #2

looks like ol coach williams is having a hard time winning a game lately

5. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Roy has never had to compete with this level of competition. I've never thought much of him as a coach but that aside I think the Tarhole nation got a little carried away when he came to Chapel Hill. Remember, this wasn't a very good team last season and judged against that record they are doing fine this year. I still delight in a Tarhole loss but it just ain't the same since Dean left.

GT played great last night. I watched them beat Wake earlier this season and it seems they had different players step up last night. That bodes well for them as the tournaments approach.

I can't remember the last time the ACC was so clearly dominant in college hoops. I mean, teams that will finish below .500 in the ACC might still be ranked in the top 25 nationally (three are right now!). I just hope they don't kill each other before the NCAA tournament.

6. dtalbott

Agreed.

Only problem with that is, if Duke loses, it moves Stanford or St Joe's to number 1, and neither of those two deserve it.

7. Joe Morris

I read an article on ESPN.com talking about the latest meeting of the NCAA Tournament selection commitee. Apparently, despite St. Joe's record, the committee gave the nod to Kentucky as a #1 seed over them. It seems that the RPI is viewed more critically than the St. Joe's record. :clap:

Its all still early, and this meeting was simply to introduce new members of the commitee to the process. This was just a mock bracket they put together.

8. dtalbott

Well, that's the good. Until St Joe's and Stanford play somebody, they don't deserve a number one seed.

9. Chris Stevenson

Chris Stevenson Hell I like you!

Ya that hurt to watch that last night. I'll disagree Williams can't compete at that the ACC level. A lot was made of him going back to UNC and if they don't produce with him there in the next three years then I'll agree they are in trouble.

Like I said in another post Williams is playing with a hand delt to him right now left over from Matt and Bill. Niether of them recruited or were able to recruit the players Carolina should have but who wants to go to a team that hasn't made the tourney in the last two years. When Gutheridge took over Dean left him with a Carter, Wallace etc. Then he retired and Matt takes over with nothing other than Haywood who didn't become a decent player until his senior year. From what I already know Carolina has a great incoming freshman class for next year but that doen't do us any good right now.

Funny how everyone is jumping all over UNC when they loose but I don't remember anyone jumping all over Tech on here when they lost to UNC a few weeks back. Duke seems to have everyones number right now in the ACC but I'd say they probably will drop one or two ACC games and though the favorites for the ACC tourney it's hard to say they couldn't get knocked off by State, Wake or UNC in Greensboro.

As for Elder last night no doubt he was on fire just as McCants was but it takes everyone for the most part to help win. There for a while it looked like a shoot out between the two of them. Things I notice about Carolina right off hand and I'm a huge Heels fan. One no bench. Two they can't shoot free throws for shit. Three they need a true center, May is one of the most gifted players in the nation but he should be a power forward.

10. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Wait till they come to State!:D

11. dtalbott

Possible.

12. jp233

ah screw NC State, they got lucky beating GT earlier this year. Wolfasspack plays in the Thrillerdome next, get ready for an ass whoopin boys

Will Bynum is an electrifying player and so much fun to watch. the kid has heart and drive and just makes great decisions and plays. he's had bad luck with rolls going in the basket, but he is a great great player...

Isma'il Muhammed is the best dunker in college hoops. that one handed put-back was incredible... i wanna see him in a dunk contest

the sleeper in the ACC is FSU.... hell they beat UNC, GT and Wake, almost beat Duke, ,,,

13. Joe Morris

He lit Wake up! They had no answer and frankly I've looked for him to get some more PT since then. I don't think Hewitt has changed his minutes though. That kids got it. :clap:

14. jp233

yeah, Muhammed is off the nuts. he seems to eb moody though, u see him on the bench sometimes looking all grumpy and shit. and when he gets cold, its not pretty. but, since he's on fire most of the time its all good!!

he does need way more PT.

Tarver needs to ride the BENCH, unless he goes in to play goon squad and just foul people. Luke Schensher sucks too, but at least he's 7'1"...he is the slowest moving player i've ever seen. I have bad fear when he goes out to D up near the arc. a few Tarholes went right around him last night like they were on an XR50 doing laps around a telephone pole.

15. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Why are you making it sound like beating GT is like beating Duke or State? GT is a patsy:rolleyes:

16. Joe Morris

I think with the way GT and State are playing it would be a great game. They are both playing great right now.

Then again, that doesn't seem to make a difference when your playing Duke. :mad:

jp233, the student section in W-S was giving Luke Schensher grief from the moment he stepped on the court. He moves in slow motion but he does seem to eventually get in position to help out. I've seen worse (Serge Zwicker comes to mind from UNC a few years ago).

17. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Ha Ha..Serge...he sucked...don't forget eric montross

18. jp233

GT is kinda an up and down team. sadly, sometimes it seems like we live and die by the 3. we got our asses KICKED by FSU... but when we're hot, we're incredible. I def want to beat Duke to beat another #1 team in the country (we kicked the dogshit out of YoohooKon en route to the pre-season NIT championship).

I would make fun of Luke Schenshshensher too. You should hear me screaming at my Tv. If I were that tall, I'd be dunking from half court. He just cannot put on weight, I know people in the GTAA and he works out and eats tons and protein shit and just cannot get bulked up.

Green, NC State is going to get their patsy ass kicked in ATL. I just hope I can see that on Tv - I dont get shit up here in Maryland :(

BTW Stanford sucks. That conference is fucking weak.

St Joe's is the real deal - theyve played tough teams (mostly at home too), but they haven't met an ACC team...

JJ Redick is ridiculous and I love watching him play but I do wish he would break a knee or two...

19. dtalbott

Last I checked, their schedule included ONE ranked team. ACC teams play at least ONE ranked opponent per week. :D

20. Joe Morris

LMAO!!!! Your karma is gonna take a hit for that one but its damn funny. Reddick has a great stroke but needs to learn to create his own shot. Of course, that's easy for me to say! I'd love to have the kind of shooting touch.

I'm a foot too short. If I was 7' tall they'd have to create a rules to keep me from dominating the basketball world. I might let Shaq carry my jock if he changed his attitude. ;)