1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How big HP is born....

Discussion in 'General' started by boccarp, May 11, 2011.

1. Tim Radley

Tim Radley Well-Known Member

Sent, now back to the bat cave .....

2. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

:wow: Holy crap! Nice bike! Makes my RSV4 look downright pedestrian.

3. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

Makes pretty much all other track bikes look pedestrian. Well except the KWS ex-AMA Gixxers. Those things are still the ultimate for me and my budget. If I could afford to do the same with the Ape though, I definitely would.

Glad to see Boccarp showing some new stuff.. instead of more of the old. This is definitely more of a treat!

4. Daryl 636

Daryl 636 Member

I knew the Alitalia bikes were up there in cost but holy hell, $700k to lease?! :eek:

Anyways, good luck Tim to you and the Splitlath squad in BSB.

5. James Bayles

James Bayles Well-Known Member

First I see CNC finished ports with valve guides "hand hogged", then I see what appears to be seats moved out to accomodate "bigger" valves, and a hand finished blend job. Ti rods a customer brought me the other day wieghed 5g more than the stock ones! (not this application) Does KWS have the provisions to adjust valve pockets once the piston is made or do you all just "shoot deep" on the original spec. and live with what ever comp. ratio, and excess valve to piston clearance you get? No hate here, just trained observation, and hey, you posted the fancy pics. Flame on.

6. Chip

Chip Registered

The ports are done by hand (the shape has since been digitized) and the combustion chamber and valve seats done by CNC. The valves are stock diameters. The port shape has been changed with epoxy.

The piston and rod assembly weighs 90grams less than stock.

The pistons are made by CP to our specifications.....this includes valve pocket depth which is very precise along with the rest of the combustion chamber to achieve a certain chamber size and cam timing.

This combination was built for torque and durability. We have a 82mm piston and a 2 ring piston already built and a different head shape that is more top end biased if somebody was looking for an even more powerful combination.......but it would take a VERY talented rider to get the most out of it.....almost a 100ft-lbs of torque is very difficult to manage around a road course.

7. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

Id like to try Chip...LOL. That thing has to be a blast to ride. Luie's S1000rr is probably the fastest bike I've ridden

8. Chip

Chip Registered

Edit: I re-read your question and I misunderstood your question regarding valve pocket depth. This is not the first generation of piston development. If we do not like valve pocket depth or anything else about the piston....then we re-design / re-make the piston. We do not machine pistons after they are made 99% of the time...we might make rough adjustment to confirm a dimension, but that is all.

Sean - If it was mine, I would let you ride it.....but....you know how it goes. :crackup:

Luie's BMW is smoooooooth......

9. Turbo storm

Turbo storm Well-Known Member

Michelins :eek:

Dunlop N-tec slicks :up:

10. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

please post a video of this bike running, i would love to hear how it sound.

11. crnigsxr

crnigsxr Member

this bike pure sex

12. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

Bike is badass....Road it at Roebling last monday. Pulled 178 down the front straight. Probably could have gone faster if I knew which way the track went.....:crackup:

13. HiSpeed48

HiSpeed48 Well-Known Member

that is badass! great work by KWS

14. Turbo storm

Turbo storm Well-Known Member

What? You followed me around there on this last time, then by mid day you were leaving me behind. Of course that is when it was stock. Still fun to ride even then. Thanks again for that.:up:

Dan the man
    #672 Expert

15. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

NICE! enjoy it man! Kevin knows his shit...looking at pics...looks like an overbore?? also do i see some A/B epoxy on ports ;)

these engines are great once you UNcork them but its not cheap for sure... thanks for sharing man, its on my list of bikes to get for myself as well :beer:

edit: sorry just saw Chips comments answering my questions. oh and Chip remember on the BBS you cant win all the battles...dont you know, there are way too many experts on here...hahaha... nice job again KWS guys! Pete's gotta be happy

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  16. Harpoon

Harpoon Well-Known Member

Why do you belt sand the head and block after all that nice CNC machining?

17. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

good eye.. and very telling.

18. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Oh me! Choose me! I know I know! (at least I think I do)

Its to give the gasket a place to get purchase so it's less likely to leak.

19. Chip

Chip Registered

What exactly was "belt sanded"?

Really? What's it telling you?

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Looks like Dremel to me, whole thing.;)

See you at Daytona Chip?