1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How big HP is born....

Discussion in 'General' started by boccarp, May 11, 2011.

1. Chip

Chip Registered

Makes the same ponies as the WSBK bike so I don't see why not....

2. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

This thread is BullShit...

3. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

Yea these guys Chip and Pete are full of shit......:crackup:

4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"I think it moved."

5. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

there are not too many bikes out these days that make me want to part with a truck load of cash as my "keeper" bike, but the new RSV4 APRC is just about there...

for the money my little 08CBR1krr is a great bike for street and some track but it's not what I call a "keeper". it just works. but the aprilia talks to me. :)

6. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Only if you do that dance on Steve's bike again. That shit was hilarious!
    [​IMG]

7. Chip

Chip Registered

We need to go out and ride them.....then you can watch the short leg dance in real time...

8. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

This weekend if the sky doesn't shit on us.
    Hitting up Wescott Saturday....

9. Daryl 636

Daryl 636 Member

What would you say separates this $50-60k (I'm guessing) bike from the $450-500K Alitalia Aprilia?

10. Chip

Chip Registered

Motorwise or the whole bike?

Motor wise - Power is made by displacement....not crazy high RPM. Much cheaper and easier to do.

11. Turbo storm

Turbo storm Well-Known Member

I agree with this 100%. My KWS motor did the same.

So Pete...I rode this bike when you first got it, how about another try now that she is all dressed up and ready to go?

Dan the man

12. Daryl 636

Daryl 636 Member

Whole bike. I'm assuming a large part of the cost of the Alitalia is the sophisticated electronic package.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

which the APRC SE has some of.

The WSBK also has carbon fiber every where that it is allowed, and probably has a relocated fuel tank, and whole bunch of other mods that make up the difference, and full time engineers that tweak everything.

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  14. Chip

Chip Registered

Everything on the bike is custom built for (Max or Leon) to go around a race track as fast as possible. It has nothing to do with the stock bike other than basic dimensions.

This is a modified (highly) stock bike.

Negative. The OEM electronics have nothing to do with the WSBK.

15. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Hmmm how was decked off the Block!

16. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

I rode this bike at Vir that day also. Even with a shagged rear,
    this thing was a missile. I would like to ride it again with some
    Michelins on it :Poke:

17. Tim Radley

Tim Radley Well-Known Member

A customer WSBK RSV4 is $700k to "LEASE" just the bike without track support for one year then you have to give it back end of year!! Everything on the WSB is different. I have a lot of the parts and they are extreme to say the least. Cost is immense and service intervals are equally insulting to the wallet.

Nice work Chip your pistons look better designed underneath than the ones i have:cool:. Nice to see someone other than me and Aprilia racing doing some work on these. All you need now is some fancy intakes and a tricked up fuel cell :up:

18. Chip

Chip Registered

Hi Tim!

19. Tim Radley

Tim Radley Well-Known Member

Hi Chip! Not been on here in a very long time spotted the link thought i'd come rubbish myself for a bit then disappear back to my cave.

20. Chip

Chip Registered

You have a bunch of motors to build anyway....send me an email about valve springs please!