1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

House of Cards is THE BEST show on television.

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Feb 27, 2014.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I've never watched six feet under. I think I'm going to binge out on that for a while I've heard it's great

2. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

They need to come out with 3rd season already!

I want those F U cuff links!

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's definitely light years ahead of where it used to be. My wife likes to watch old shows on the classic channels and it's all so low brow. There's no wit, nothing to make you think, and nothing that makes any impact.

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I love the grit of the new shows on TV, but I also come home from work every day and watch Dragnet then Adam 12.

Since I grew up in that era it cracks me up to see that time in our history compared to now. Yesterday they had an episode about the dangers of LSD and marijuana...it absolutely cracked me up!

And the cars, just damn! The scene with a 69 Mustang drag racing against a 69 Camaro was priceless. And they wrecked the Camaro!

5. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

This. I thought Breaking Bad was the best show I've seen, until this came out. The bar just keeps being raised.

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Funny, I had high hopes but was so disappointed by HoC. Good actors, good acting but the storyline is simplish and trite. Gave up after 3/4 of S1.

True Detective is by far superior.

7. Is this one of those shows that you have to watch all of them? Meaning they build on each other and there is a continuous storyline? Or can you just watch one of them and be good?

I rarely ever watch TV, when i do it is something like Big Bang Theory, SportsCenter or Spongebob. Because you can just watch one and that is it. I dont want to watch a show that doesnt make sense unless you have been watching it from the beginning.

8. rd400racer

My son and I watch True Detective every week together.

An amazing show. I'll be bummed when it's over.

Another one that didn't get a lot of press but I thought was fantastic is The Bridge.

9. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

As far as a "movie channel" series, I'm diggin' Banshee. Violence, T&A, what's not to like? Regular tv, Justified keeps me tuning in.

10. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

:stupid:

11. Answer my question fuckers.

12. rd400racer

True Detective is a continuous series. If I recall, it is 12 total episodes so if you want to look at it this way, it's a 12 hour movie.

Then they are going to start up another after this run with a completely different cast and theme.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

I have not watched House of Cards, but most TV programming in general now is a story that is continuously built upon, especially since on-demand and streaming, and what is termed "binge watching." I will rarely watch a show until the season is over and watch the entire season in a few sittings.

14. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

its on netflix, broome.

i assume you have netflix, if you are always traveling

15. Nope. I don't have Netflix. Not even real sure how Netflix works.

My layovers aren't long and the plane has a big TV in my seat.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I laughed, I cried, pure raw emotion.:up:

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not just her face. You should see her walk away. :D

18. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Anybody watch the original BBC House of Cards? I think they pulled it from Netflix but I wonder how close it is to the Netflix story line.

Yeah, I've only gotten through episode 1 in season 2 and my jaw dropped when it ended.

19. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

i am talking about when you get there.

netfilx is awesome for people who didnt watch a lot of tv back in the day...helps me catch up to all the old shit my wife, my friends, and the beeb talks about.

20. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

for real?