1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotel stays per year

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Apr 16, 2014.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

How many do you average?
    I am on night 27 this year so far and will average about 20 a month for the rest of the year.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

1 per week pretty much all year here.

3. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

<10 nights/year

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

5. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

Too many to count

6. backcountryme

I renewed my Diamond status with best western already this year.

7. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

Which reminds me I still have to book mine for tally

8. backcountryme

Wish mine were for racing fun, but no it is for work.

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

That lifestyle has to suck at times. I don't envy you.

10. jon686

jon686 Well-Known Member

I'm currently on a 60 day stint as part of a relocation package. 3 weeks down as of Sunday. Candlewood Suites. It's pretty decent, but no breakfast included. I stayed 2 other nights driving from Tennessee to Wyoming. I'm looking forward to using the points I accrue for some weekend getaway. My two nights in transit should have qualified me for a "free" night already. I used to use the points for track day stays.

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

Back and forth.

Hotels and travel suck. I don't show any cards any more, they can kiss it. Home sweet home or the trailer is what I prefurrr

12. backcountryme

One plus for me is I get auto upgrades. I usually end up with a suite.

13. Critter

Critter Registered

I did high 200's to low 300's for about 5 years...... All I can say is i felt like i was buying Paris way to much jewerly

14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

250-300 a year for the last 10 years. I love it.

15. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Some people love it, some don’t. I am prob only 90-120 for last 9yrs, so not as bad as some. Generalising here and totally dependent on the individual, but having family or other personal reason to want to be at home to be with someone or working on something is usually the main difference I’ve seen. If you can make the hotel time productive for yourself, and not work, then I found it improves it. Injury rehab, fitness, another language, complete a mooc, whatever.

16. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Wow. I couldn't do it. I might be around 7-8 nights per yr. Typically most all being mtb or hiking related.

I HATE flying. Haven't flown in 12yrs since retiring. Hope I never have to again.

17. Probably 15-20. The toy hauler eliminated most of them.

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Around 45-50 already this year on 4 different continents. It'll be 5 continents next week. Love every second of it.

19. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Used to do 60+ stays per year. Now, <20. I don't miss it at all.

20. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

120-150 a year. 3 continents. It's the life-job I chose, not always fun but you learn to deal with it.