1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotel stays per year

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

120-130 ron's lol

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Don't know, 20 ~ 40. Maybe more.

3. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

Lol. You know the codes. You must work in the Industry

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I don't have to travel for my job but my wife does close to once a month for a week and she bitches about it. I go with her about half the time. Her itinerary so far this year...

A week in New York for Super Bowl
    A week in Hollywood for the premier of the movie "Draft Day"
    In 3 weeks back to New York for the NFL draft
    Seattle and L.A. at the start of the NFL season in early September

We've gone to Palm Springs, Scottsdale and Miami for conferences where they treat you like royalty. Keep in mind she only stays at top rated motels.

And she bitches about this.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

only for family vacations...5-10

used to be for 10 or so for track days, but if I get out there now it's only for a day.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The bitching about it is just the fun part. :D

I've gone to some great place (Switzerland, Slovenia, Germany) but the crap places are the ones I talk about. :D

7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

If they are top rated, they are not motels.

8. rd400racer

Sorry...to this day I still don't know the difference between motel and hotel:eek:

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

This is not always 100%, but close enough:
    In a hotel, your room door leads to a hallway.
    In a motel your room door leads to the outside. It might be a covered walkway, but not fully enclosed.

10. Hailwood

Hailwood Active Member

20 so far this year. It's not bad since it's typically only ~2 nights away at a time.

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

1 Spring break with the fam..... Unless I go to Putnam that year.... Other than that I stay at the track.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hotel stays and flying are all about points to me. Hotel points I horde until Sam wants to go some place and I use those points to cover as many nights as possible.

Airline miles I just horde with no idea on what I'm going to eventually use them for. The number is the goal with these. :D

13. rd400racer

Good enough for me:up:

To use a Dale Carnegie trick...motel=motor, as in I can put my motorcycle in a motel room.

Got it:D

14. Tony216

Tony216 Well-Known Member

I used to average mid-200's, but a career change killed travel. I don't know how you guys do it post-9/11. Traveling used to be fun, but airports today are brutal.

Between people who can't figure out the automated ticketing, security scans, people too stupid to take their shoes off, people who don't put their shoes back on, people in pajamas, emotional support dogs, etc, etc, etc.; I don't think I could do it today.

15. Hailwood

Hailwood Active Member

It's slowly getting better as they have started to improve convenience instead of just (the illusion of) security.

TSA pre-check is probably the best example, and is awesome, in that you don't have to remove anything. I just wish more airports offered it.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, pre-check is awesome. Except now they are giving it to the people that I used it to get away from. :D

Pre-check, status with the airline, club membership and some other tricks make the airport bearable.

17. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

^ This.

18. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

Wait, wait, wait. Best Western has "diamond status," that's gotta be priceless...

19. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Best westerns are nice out west. In the east they seem shitty.

I fly delta, stay in hilton, marriott or ihg hotels. Use hertz for cars.

Who do you all roll with?

20. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

In my previous job I did 2-3 short trips a year (just to CA). Now I work in the travel industry, but I travel less - only once in 3 years... though the trips have been a bit farther (like Belarus).