1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horse shi*!

Discussion in 'General' started by skip salenius, Sep 6, 2009.

1. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

Ive gotta vent for a minute. I just wanna let everyone know how shitty the AMA rules are. For the SECOND time this year, Ive been screwed outta money for doing my job. I busted my ass this weekend in NJ for a 20th on Saturday, and an 18th today. Only to end up with a 21st for the weekend. WTF? Out of the money. How the fuck does that happen? Again. Ill tell you how the fuck it happens- the AMA rulebook. Somehow, people are paying outta their back fucking pocket, racing outta the back of their fucking truck, wrenching on their own fucking bikes, making the grid and finishing the race top 20, and still getting shit on. Unbelievable. There were people that finished one race but crashed outta the other and got paid. HORSE SHIT. Factory guys getting a 6 figure deal- they dont NEED that purse the way a privateer NEEDS that money. Privateers that race on a used set of tires and still finish the race NEED that money. Privateers make up more than half the paddock and more than half the grid and we make NOTHING. While factory, salary paid riders make purse money as well. Im not crying, just pissed. I busted my ass this weekend, brought in a bunch of PAYING friends and family for this new venue- got myself in the show and finished well. $0. Horse shit. And before you mother fuckers say go faster- I was 2.5 seconds off Josh Hayes on a bike that I built in my garage, on a bike that cost a 1/3 of the cost of the electronics on a factory bike alone. Flame on.

From Danielle:
    I know that you administrators of the AMA are a little desensitized at this point, but there are a bunch of FAMILIES in your paddock. FAMILIES that pay out of their bank accounts to be at the race track each weekend. And while you are sitting in your A/C, were sweating under our ez ups- and enjoying it. Its a little disheartening to miss $3k by ONE POINT. Or miss qualifying by .011 of a second.... tsk tsk. Get it together. Its disgusting. Im sick of seeing hard working RACERS broken by the fact that they cant afford to race the following weekend. If they are good enough to be AMA PRO racers, they should be getting paid regardless. What a shame. Im an inside outsider, and I hear all angles of it. Its sad, really. Its too dangerous- and AMA is making too much money to not cough up a few bucks to the ALL people that are making the show possible. But, what do I know, Im just a mom of a baby whos dad risks his life for the AMA, and loves it. The factory guys are amazing racers, but so are the guys that are just a few seconds behind....on the same grid.

2. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

bill em 3 grand for showing up at the mandatory autograph signing

3. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

Seems like you should get points for staying on two wheelz when the other guy didn't.

4. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

He did. The difference is the other guy didn't loose points when he crashed.

5. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

seemed be a touch fairer with old regime...paid per leg

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Who is the "other guy"?

For the first time, I looked at the rules (and results) on the AMA site. I can't seem to figure out which rider's performance had an influence on Skip's frustration. Mat Mladin's, perhaps?

If it was Mat, then I can see where the law of averages went against him. And since the points are not on a linear scale, it's not like they did not follow the published guidelines (unless I am missing something, which could be very true).

7. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that Mat Mladin buys hats with his AMA purse money.............

8. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

everybody who makes the grid needs to be paid.

9. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

:up::up::up:

10. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Other "guys" being all the ones who crashed out in either the first or second race but finished good enough in one of the races to end up with more points from the event than Skip.

So Skip said he came in 21st so it was 1 other guy this time.

11. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

This really blows Skip and Danielle. Some of this crap would seem easy to fix, but I don't see easy or fair at work this year with AMA/DMG.
    It's a small consolation Skip, but Scott Russell was giving you some love in the Sat race during the broadcast.
    Hang in there, you've got lots of fans here! Or come back to the WERA paddock where you are truly appreciated.

12. got40

got40 On hiatus...

I guess I never really thought about it... but thats damn impressive.:up::clap:

It also puts that 2.5s in perspective.:wow:

:clap:
    Seems to be the only constant no matter what level it is.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  13. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

So for the second time they screwed you out of your money because you didnt do well enough? Its not their fault you work on your own shit, drive your own truck, and dont do well enough to get paid. If you dont like their rules, dont race. If you want to get paid go faster.

And well done this weekend, you put in a good showing.

14. RacerRuss

RacerRuss Well-Known Member

Sucks dude, thought you were in the money for sure.

15. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Yeah, but lookin' kickass doing it :D

Skip, you were hauling this weekend. You should be getting paid.

Cool talking with you, btw. You need to get your ass back up here next year and slide off all the curb berms :up:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  16. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

I think that I figured it out for you. If a racer finishes fourth one day and 22nd the next, he'll still have 18 points.
    If another racer finishes 25th the first day and 7th the next, that is fourteen points. Both of which are more that you're four total points.
    Tough luck Skip.

17. skip salenius

I didnt need it clarified. I know the way it works- but Im asking if you think its right. Someone only finishes ONE race for the weekend and still gets more money than someone who finishes both? My point is that everyone should get something. You dish out your money each weekend with nothing in return see you how you like it. And yes I know "you dont like it dont race", but youd appreciate a little monetary gratitude once in a while for risking your life- thats all.

18. Skip, your times are very impressive, and definitely deserving of some money, IMO, but rules are rules, and you knew what the rules were going in.

19. skip salenius

yeah I know- but they know too. Ive even discussed it with Bill Syfan and they know its messed up and are even talking about change- but well see.

20. Hopefully they change it for next year. Anyways, good job man. Seems like you keep getting faster all the time. Keep up the good work.