1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopper to BSB?!

Discussion in 'General' started by GSVR 946, Dec 8, 2010.

1. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

yep i love jake..super easy to work with..gives 100% and great personality with people (not that common nowadays in the pits!)

My comment to the other guy was that Jake may not have the rides some others do cause he doesnt have "monster" or "redbull" like many top guys or "dads" money like so many up and coming kids do..to buy them a ride..i mean help with the team...ahhuemm...graves...hemm..cough...

2. backbone

backbone scarred for life

I've come across a couple of these "Businessmen" in my day. For some reason some people think it is OK to lie and steal in the name of business.

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Yep. And John saying in this very thread that Hacker turned him down for the ride this past year proves two things. First, that Hacker has proven himself a winner, and two, that your opinion means the same as the rest of ours, JACK SHIT! Thank you.

4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Negative.
    [​IMG]

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

What? They still let "Bowling Ball Brookes" race don't they!

Hehe, kidding.

6. Hi-Side

Hi-Side Well-Known Member

Just to take the other side for a sec, perhaps coming back from MotoGP, Hopper thought he would be able to perform at the top of AMA Superbike, even with an injured wrist and signed up with all good intent. (OK, I'm an optimist and trying to give him the benefit of doubt, but then again I wasn't on the other side of a contract either)

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

That's a perfectly logical scenario, and I bet when he figured out he couldn't fulfill his side of the agreement he offered to give the money back so the team could hire someone else.

8. Game

Game zip tie master

How did Hoppers separation from WSBK go? I read so much shit i forget which was right.. but if i remember correctly it was messy?

9. ed who?

frankly i am well aware of my opinion meaning jack shit to JU...however i also know that hacker WAS a great racer...WASSSSSS... nothing wrong with being old, past your prime...thats just science and i was pointing that out...not too mention IMO (and frankly a lot of others not giving him bbs oral) was past his prime even before he retired.....Hell id love to see Fogarty back in wsbk... :beer:

10. 418

418 Expert #59

You are high off your ass.

11. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I guess I'll just go on record here on the BBS and state that Hopper, with two years on the same team, with a development team that's worth a damn, will podium a decent number of times with who ever he ends up with.

No disrespect to you or your team JU, I understand his performance this past year had everything to do with him and nothing to do with his support. I understand the problem with what he did during negotiations with you, and that it's always best to be forthcoming with information regarding injuries, but you have to admit the guy has got some heart. (in no way am I trying to justify his actions either.)

I guess I'm that guy who always roots for the underdog. Hell, even when he went to the GP's he joined up during a critical period of adjustment to the 990's. The guys who were already winning were given the first shot at figuring out the new engines/chassis.

Here's hoping Hopper heals up (completely) and shows all the nay sayers what he is capable of doing.

12. fzr400tony

fzr400tony can't ride

Off topic to JU, but how's chris doing after his shoulder surgery? I read his stuff in RRW forever. I hope see him back on the podium soon.

13. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

i had a feeling that the relationship wasn't going to end well when the following posts were made back in april:

you deserved better, ju...

14. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

+1. Hacker has serious talent. Not even close to being over the hill. You must have him confused with that short French Canadian guy that has been 38 years old for 8 years now

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Scott Brooks, WERA #15? LOL.

16. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

It's been 20 years.. November 39 1990 since i drnak anything.:D Seems to be a planned deal on the Hopper deal .. to me anyway.. He pawned it off as He just wnated to ride and be able to ride for a long number of years, cause he likes to ride., not really concerned with where or how.

Gosh If Martin was to ride a big bike, there would be trouble for the other 2 big names in the superbike class.. IMHO.

Don't worry, ( and I know you won't) you'll get somebody else good.. You already got Ulrich ridin' for ya.:D

17. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

How very very sad.

18. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

$100 to the AFF that you are wrong. See me in 2 years after he gets said ride. Decent number of podiums to me means podium at least 50% of the time not counting if he is taken out by no fault of his own or has a mechanical.

Sorry Hopper is full of disappointment, the latest from JU shows that much. How many times have we heard "this is his year" and then were let down.

19. ed who?

haha...to each their own. hacker WAS a top guy..i loved watching him..not saying he wasnt...but that was then...this is 2011...sorry..he would not be competitive in a real ama superbike field (one like BSB is now, or AMA was in late 90's) thats all im saying..not that he has no talent..just that each persons time passes...doohan..foggy..all the great ones peak and move on..you guys with hacker should do so too.

Your probably the kind of guy that thinks toseland is still on his top game...or caparossi... both great..but long since jumped the shark...as did hopkins in say 2002..duhamel 2004....hacker in 2005...zemke in 2006...

like i said..to each their own.

20. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

very sad. i use to always pull for 21.