1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hootie & The Blowfish

Discussion in 'General' started by Shenanigans, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

did you see them perform Beach boys music in the Kennedy Center tribute last night. Good to see them again:up:

2. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

ok...seriously Gary...I'm done with you :D

3. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Now don't be pickin' on Gary about Hootie, damn it. They really do put on a great show. See them at Chastain each year.
    They played a bunch of our college parties at The Citadel from 90-94. Did the BEST Zeppelin covers and several others. Never hurt that we could take our own coolers into the parties and get hammered. ;)

4. Shenanigans

man u know Hootie rocked:rock:

the odd couple was Brian Wilson & Diana Ross sitting beside each other, Scorsesee beside her, the President Bush

5. Shenanigans

hold on a sec,gotta run to the store. we will discuss Hootie more when i get back:beer:

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No we won't. :D

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Sorry Gary, but they should have been called Hootie Blows!

8. Shenanigans

that wasn't nice:p

9. Shenanigans

Blows means he sings well, right:moon:

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

....on the skin flute maybe....:D

11. joe617

joe617 Well-Known Member

Suck!!!!!!!!!

12. Shenanigans

Hootie is the Rodney Dangerfield of the BBS..:(

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Holy shit... a damn Citadel cadet. Did I kick you out of the Silver Slipper Saloon at some point? :D

14. Indy92

Indy92 Beer Me

Come again? :Poke:

15. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

They never got any respect. When I was breaking into the radio station at USC to do a show we had many songs of thiers on carts in the studio. We never expected them to become anything, so we didn't play them. I guess that's why I never made it in the music or radio bis. They did become big, at least for a while. I still like them

16. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I was told that during one of their tours in the early to mid 70's, the Beach Boys played Jumpin' Jack Flash. God, I would have loved to hear how that came out. Any recording of it floating around?

17. Shenanigans

if so Stick will find it:beer:

18. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

when I saw Dr Phil & his sidekick wife MC'ing the event, I shot my TV with an AT4

19. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Not I, but I actually do have one very good friend that earned a LIFETIME ban from there while we were cadets. Don't believe he's ever tried slipping back in there. :D

20. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

That's funny as hell. When we used to see the posters for them in the battalions, I remember joking with everyone saying "No one with a name like that will ever earn a damn dime in the music industry."
    God I feel more than a little stupid now and wish I'd kept those party posters.