1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homeland security

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by RoadRacerX, Aug 14, 2003.

1. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Okay, I've noticed that everyone boo-hooing about their civil rights being trampled by the Security Act has been suspiciously silent about the latest arrest. C'mon now, and give the FBI some credit now. This could have been a 747 shot down into your house!

FBI nabs arms dealer

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

"I want my security and I want the goverment to do protect me, but don't they dare impede on my civil liberties. I've got the RIGHT to happiness and my rights come before everyone else's. Larry Flynt died for these rights."

Whiney Friggin' hippies! Touch me, feel me, make eveyone equal. A quick shot to the head with a nightstick will shut them up. Your rights end where mine begin. And mine begin with you shutting the Frig up.

Give me the shoulder fired missile and I'll pop that sucker right into the side of Phish's tour bus! Take that poopie pants!!!!

3. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

since when did my favorite smut peddle die?? heck he is making the CA Goveror race a real laughing stock.

daveK...hippie, me no, haven't dated a hairy armpit, patchily (sp) wearing, artist since '92... and music taste...rrrgh..listening to electric soft parade...(english)

USC... its the FBI who found these weapons, not eddie munster director of homeland security....I just don't think we need a "george orwellian figure" to tell us when to hide in our fallout shelter. I often get confused when confronted with a yellow light...does it mean slow down, or speed up real fast to beat the light.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2003
  4. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Arrest or no arrest, I still think the TSA sucks ass and I won't fly now if I can avoid it because of them. They can stick the security screenings, passenger dossiers, and all the rest where the sun doesn't shine. I'd rather drive now than fly, even if it takes me a few extra hours to do it. My desire to be free from unreasonable searches is larger than my desire to get to my destination a bit quicker. Let alone dealing with the collection of morons, and equally moronic policies, of the TSA.

But hey, I was grateful they took those nail clippers off of that guy in line behind me at the airport. If not for them, I might have lost an eye to a bit of flying toenail on my flight. :rolleyes:

As Mad Brad would say, "Clowns."

5. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Jay, how was the new law utilized to get these guys? My quicl peruasal of the article did not reveal anything but what appears to be standard investigational practice.

Rodger

6. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Rodger, there is more to this story than meets the eye, perhaps it will come out. This is being reported as a success of the work of the NY JTTF, along with the British and Russian governments. The last part of that, i.e., cooperation of the Russian government with the FBI, is unprecedented. Surely not standard investigative practice.

7. Shyster d'Oil

agreed re more to the story. Agreed re not the usual case. Question that remains unanswered is whether they utilized special post-9/11 procedures to catch teh bad guys. the use of informants, eavesdropping or recording devices is nothing new or extraordinary. neither is the fact that (according to ABC) the government's key witness is a drug informant seeking more lenient treatment.

Question #2 Was the "dealer" actually able to get missles?

Question #3 All the events listed in the article occured between 4/01 and 9/02 why the delay?

this would make an interesting hour long dcumentary, or maybe a made for TV movie!;)

Rodger

8. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Question #3 All the events listed in the article occured between 4/01 and 9/02 why the delay?

From the article: In April 2002 at a hotel in New Jersey, the cooperating witness told Lakhani he wanted one shoulder-fired missile to be used for "jihad" and to shoot down a plane, according to the affidavit. Lakhani confirmed he would work with the witness and offered as many as 200 missiles.

The two met again in New Jersey in September 2002, where Lakhani said the purpose of shooting down a commercial aircraft was "to shake the economy," the affidavit says.

These events were the meeting and setting up the deal. The delivery took place this year. I recall one news report saying the missle was sitting in a warehouse for 6-8 weeks before the US agent took delivery. Also, that the missile was shipped via boat with the crate marked medical equipment.

Is this how brad makes his money? :rolleyes: ;)

9. Knarf Legna

I doubt that we'll see anyone on MSNBC discussing details about how they nabbed the bad guys, nor will we have embedded reporters on the next sting operation. Probably want to keep those methods a little close to the vest, ya know? ;)

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You all are reading way too much into this and talking too much about it. In the end I know what's best for you and I'll tell you how you should and will run your lives. Now simmer down before Evil Dave K comes out and decides what's best for you. :D

Got it cheese logs? Good. :Poke:

11. Knarf Legna

When was the last time you visited Newark? That's a target rich environment for the FBI. :D

12. Shyster d'Oil

Yeah, I doubt that Geraldo will get to go on one of those investigations.:D