1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap game of thrones!!

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Jun 3, 2013.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Seeing as he has shown up on official promotional material, I'm saying no.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

The question is, which prominent character gets her gear off this season?

I'm hoping for the doe-eyed queen-to-be. ;)

3. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I liked the promo where the religious nut tells Cersi something like "stand aside, or there will be violence" and, with the newly zombified Mountain standing behind her she smiles and responds, "I choose violence". I get the feeling the religious nuts are going to vanquished in right short order. I'm also thinking that the Red Woman (Melliandra?) bailed on Stannis last season to resurrect Jon Snow.

jeffr1ey and cha0s#242 like this.
  4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Melisandre resurrecting Jon Snow is a popular theory. It seems quite possible to me. I guess we'll find out shortly. And I can't wait to see Zombie-Mountain kick the religious zealot's asses :D

5. NemesisR6

Wow, nothing from you folks after last night's premiere?

Alas, it certainly wasn't the most riveting ep, but certainly sets the ball rolling for what we will likely expect this season. Luckily, all my friends who've read the books can't really hold spoilers over my head anymore, since pretty much everyone is in the dark as to where things go from here (for the most part).

Notes:
    • Loved Brienne finally getting to show her loyalty to the Starks with the last-second rescue of Sansa and Reek
    • How they've handled the Dorne side-stories has been overall pretty lame. The latest betrayal seems to be just a coup for the sake of a coup....
    • I still hate listening to Grey "Me Tarzan" Worm talk
    • Would have hoped for more progression in the story at the wall, but how Davos is talking about using the Red Woman as a weapon certainly seems interesting.....
    • Speaking of Red Woman...........GROSS! Need to market that necklace to Home Shopping Network!
    ......aaaaaaand, discuss!

jeffr1ey likes this.
  6. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Fastest loss of a chubby in my life.

shakazulu12 likes this.
  7. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I'm really looking forward to Arya betting the sh!t outa the bitch from the temple.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

• I totally called the Brienne rescue after Reek's heroic 10-yard diversion.
    • as much as I enjoyed the prospect of Arya turning into even more of a bad ass at the end of her Daredevilette training, I hate that she won't be able to look into the eyes of the people she keels in the future. I hope this is temporary.
    • I couldn't help laughing when Ser Jorah checked his arm to make sure he still has leprosy 2.0. Reminded me of all those TV and movie characters who check to make sure their gun is still tucked under their shirt.
    • Red Woman without magic makeup: the cure for the common boner.

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  9. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

i liked the episode, but yeah, the red woman scene at the end was a little gross ha. i thought she was going to revive Jon Snow!!

10. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I made the comment at the end about her taking off her Spanx and makeup, just like in the real world. :D

I had my first laugh out loud moment when the Dothraki was talking about "what else in the world is better than a naked woman?" and the other guys starting listing off things... "Ok, fine... In the top 5 best things in the world..."

V5 Racer, JTW and stk0308 like this.
  11. NemesisR6

Haha, yea, both the wife and I got a kick out of that one. That and the verbal abuse that Danaerys had to endure prior to revealing that she spoke Dothraki.

12. Past Glory

I'm thinking she's going to be is a sticky situation when her rescuers show up. When she informed the honcho she was Drogos' widow and he cut her loose because it was forbidden for anyone else to bed a Kahl widow, it seems to be setting up an interesting scenario when her new boyfriend rolls in.
    I wonder what the timeframe for resurrecting someone. Has Mallisandra left it too late as far as bringing back Jon Snow? When the Hound did in the leader of the Brotherhood Without Banners, his priest jumped right in to bring him back.

13. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Her dragons will find her and she will be anointed queen of all darthrake (sp?). She then has a much bigger army.

14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

FIFY :D
    I think Arya's eyes are just turning like the shapeshifting assassin's eyes, we're talking next level shit !

15. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

16. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he was checking to see how far it had advanced, not if he still had it

17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I like Arya and the Karate Kid 8.0 training.

Still hoping John Snow's fate isn't yet final ..

18. Past Glory

I do have the feeling that she solidifies her position with them, but I think it's going to take an "event" to do it. My dream scenario scene is that she will be on the brink of disaster (like in the fighting pit) and Drogon shows up. Her captors closely surround her, believing themselves safe because he wouldn't risk harming her, tell her to back him off and she makes the counter offer that anyone who wants to join her can back away and live. Then, she throws down a "Drakaris", Drogon lights up those who didn't back away, Denarys survives the inferno, and the hoard drops to their knees in awe and worship.
    Also, since the Mountain is on Arya's hit list, wouldn't it be great if that becomes an eventual showdown, most likely near the end of the final season? Fully trained blind Arya versus the zombie Mountain. And why isn't the Red Woman seeking out Denarys? She is a fire priestess and Denarys has fire breathing dragons. Seems like a perfect match.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sarcasm, man. :whoosh:

He wasn't checking it, the director was reminding us that he has it. :D

Lawn Dart likes this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This show is fkn horrible.