1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hodgson Got Screwed !!

Discussion in 'General' started by RB, May 12, 2002.

1. RB

RB Well-Known Member

IMHO.

Bayliss and Edwards should have got some sort of time penalty.

Whats to keep the leader from just going straight through without letting up??? He would not gain a position !! Of course he would gain 10 or 15 secs but thats what the Bayliss and Edwards did.

They should have gotten a time penalty equal to the amount of time that it would have taken to turn around, rejoin the track where they left it and negotiate the chicane. Of course you can't have them going the wrong way up the escape road so you give them a time penalty.

Ray

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

agreed.

3. RobeyRacer

RobeyRacer Well-Known Member

Let's see....Bayliss was in 1st aproaching the chicane, and came out of it in 4th and 4 seconds behind the leader causing him to have to break the track record just to catch up.

Yep, huge advantage. I can't see why he wasn't doing that all along :rolleyes: :confused: ;)

4. mad brad

mad brad Guest

and if they hit a gravel trap, how far back would they have been?;)

5. RobeyRacer

RobeyRacer Well-Known Member

Well, there are also tracks were he would have gone in the grass. And, at least some of those cases, the riders have been able to just ride it out, the track doubles back, and the rider is back in the race having not lost much at all. n those cases there were no penalties :eek:

6. kasey ray

kasey ray k-raycing

hodgson stated he was shown in paper that 'anyone cutting the chicane would be penalized 10sec' , this explains why he didn't repass bayliss at the end of race 1. unfortunately the interpretation of the SBK powers appear to have meant to include the statement of 'no gaining position' or ' at least slow down for the right hander'.
    i like colin, but i think he should've been penalized for passing bayliss in the runoff area & never looking back. $.02

7. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

well i think he was trying to get bayless back in front but he didn't go. it looked to me like he was motioning with his leg to "come on" but then after a second went anyway since he was back where he was when they went into the turn. i may be wrong though, but take a look at a replay if ya can, he was definatley doin somethin with his leg, kent.

8. Gixxer602

Gixxer602 Well-Known Member

I was wondering why Hodson wasn't trying to get in the draft at the end of the race. Instead he was weaving back and forth. Like he said after the race, he wasn't worried about Bayless, he was just trying to keep from being passed. All he had to do was finnish no more than 10 seconds behind Troy. Was AMA in charge of that race? :)

9. PPR

PPR Well-Known Member

Race One from MONZA

So when Ben got off the Bike in the middle of race one, and the TV crew went to cover the earily pit from Ben Bostrom, I think Ben was able to get his message across to his Mechanics and the rest of the world. "Its the F#@k'in clutch” The funny part is how the commentators cover it up because it was so clear.

10. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Re: Race One from MONZA

I thought they just kind of made light of it. They said something like "now there's a technical description of what is wrong with his bike"
    Steve

11. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Yeah! They should put in some armco or a concrete wall there to discourage that kind of behaviour. :D

12. quikie

quikie Fugitive at Large

Selective rules enforcement

I think Edwards did try to let Bayliss back in front of him but since he was already almost on the track he couldn't just pull over and wait. It looked like he wasn't sure what to do. I do believe he should have either waved Bayliss in front of him when they got back on, or gotten penalized. ( although since Bayliss won, I guess they decided not to do anything )

I didn't see the memo in question, but if it really sais what Hodgson sais it sais... ( uh... right, follow? ) then they should have been penalized.

That said, it's nice to see that selective rules enforcement isn't limited just to the AMA.

-quikie

P.S. Anybody see the end of the F1 race? 80,000 fans booing Ferrari and Schumacher for ordering Rubens to move over. Wow, wow. It wasn't pretty.

13. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

Re: Race One from MONZA

I must have Speed channel soon!