1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hockey Stuff For Due North

Discussion in 'General' started by TSC_113, May 8, 2002.

1. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Three hockey fans were on their way to a game in Toronto when one noticed a foot sticking out of the bushes by the side of the road. They stopped and discovered a nude female, drunk and passed out. Out of respect and propriety, the Ottawa fan took off his Senators cap and placed it over her right breast. The Montreal fan took off his Canadians cap and placed it over her left breast. Following their lead, the Toronto fan took off his Leafs cap and placed it over her crotch.

911 were called and, when the fire officer arrived, he conducted his assessment. First, he lifted up the Ottawa Senators cap, replaced it, and wrote down some notes. Next, he lifted the ontreal Canadians cap, replaced it, and wrote down some more notes. The officer then lifted the Toronto Maple Leafs cap, replaced it, then lifted it again, replaced it, lifted it a third time, and replaced it one last time.

The Ottawa fan was getting upset and finally asked, "What's the deal, are all fire-fighters perverts or something? Why do you keep lifting and looking, lifting and looking?"

"Well," said the fire-fighter, "I'm simply surprised. Normally, when I look under a Leafs cap, I find an asshole."

:D

2. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

good one, kent.

3. Gixxer602

Gixxer602 Well-Known Member

Canadian hockey teams rule! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2002
  4. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

WHOA!! easy there big fella, in the middle of the cup, canada is watching with baited breath. dems is fighten words. canada owns hockey and always will, heck your U.S. teams are made of mostly canucks :D

5. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

2 - 1 Toronto in the third period............

And 2-1 is the game!!!

Last edited: May 8, 2002
  6. JoeTassone

JoeTassone The Dude abides...

Hmmm...That must be why hockey sucks as a spectator sport the last couple of seasons. You damn Canadiens with your clutchn' n' crabbin' scrubs killing most of the talent in the NHL.

I vote for a non-Canadien NHL. At least let the skill players (which will sell 3 times more tickets than any 'tough guy' ever will) have some room.

Joe

7. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

WHAT!! a pussy footed hockey player, there should be no such thing, this isn't basketball or baseball you know. it is hockey, it is made for real men who are tough and skilled, who check hard and grab and hook and jab, and fight, and take all that in return. fighting is part of the sport and leave it in. heck even when i play scrub games with the guys we get into fights just for the fun of it. as long as the good hard rough play stays on the ice it isn't a problem. i don't condone dirty stuff but a good rough game where your adrenalin is pumping and you give it your all is the best to watch and to play. kent.

8. Due North

I've gotta give it to Shane Corson. With 9 seconds to go, he laid down in front of a 90mph slap shot to possible sav the game. Obviously hurt, he stayed on the ice until the end. Now that's grit.

Not like a baseball player who went on the DL because of a blister on his thumb.

Alan: LEAFS IN 6 ! ! ! ! !

9. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Not a chance. Joe Seive still has a blowup left in him for game 5. Somebody will breathe on him and when he tackles the ref he'll get ejected. The backup Scwab(sp?) will allow 5 goals on 4 shots.

SENS in 6

We only lost so we could get the $$$ from another home game anyway.

Hockey players are the only ones I know of who get cut in the game and stiched up on the bench so they can keep playing. Hey it was only 15 stiches just a scratch! :D

10. JoeTassone

I didn't mean to say that I don't like a hard hitting game, I do. I've been lucky enough to watch Kasparitis for the past few years and I loved watching him play. I have no problem with most of the fighting, either. I can understand it if someone just blew up your gaoltender or cheapshots someone on your team, but not when there's 3 min left in the game and your down by 4 goals.

What I don't like is when a scrub is allowed to basically jump on the back of the more talented players and nullify that talent. That's not hard, tough or skilled play. It's also one of the main reasons why Mario retired the first time.

It has turned into a frustrating game to watch the past 5 or so years. What I believe is from too much of a Canadien front office in the NHL. THe game is officiated to allow more of a Canadien style play and it's less exciting to watch.

Do I still watch it? Hell yeah!!!! Every game I can. But I would rather see players like Mario do the things that make you take a step back and think "how the hell did he just to that?".

And maybe I'm just spoiled because I've had the pleasure of watching players like Lemieux and Jagr since the eighties.

Joe

11. Due North

Joe,
    What is a Canadian Style of officiating?? If anything the influx of dog-dirty european players has brought the game down a level or two. With their no-hit hockey, they have to resort to cheap shots and using their sticks to avoid getting pounded by N. Americans who grew up learning how to give and take a hit.

Alan: didn't you prognosticate Sens in 5 ??? :p

12. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Obviously I forgot the need to earn some more money with the extra game so I have to alter my prognastication slightly.
    :confused:

13. Due North

You Ottawa types, always re-writing history. :rolleyes: :p

I heard on the radio this am that there's talk of the Sens moving to the US???

14. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Apparently because Rod Brydens refinancing thing got screwed up by the loan gurantor declaring bankruptcy the league had to advance him some cash for the last two payrolls.
    So the gossip types immediately say the SENS are leaving town. They supposedly have a new loan guarantor so the SENS aren't going anywhere yet. Other than the CUP Final of Course.

Motorcycle Content. Several of the SENS players ride bikes. We are even working on a cross promotion with them for our Motorcycle Safety course.

Unlike those other wimpy sports where the players aren't allowed near bikes cus they might hurt their pinkies or something ;)

I can't believe how many people have viewed this non Motorcycle thread with out commenting about the lack of MC content....

15. JoeTassone

Due,

These bastards I work for actually expect me to do something productive today, so I haven't been able to respond. This is a topic that needs to be discussed over beer.:) If you're going to be at the CJ, we'll continue it there, over a couple beers, of course.

Joe

16. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

He said Beer Beeeeer
    I'm there

Actually I was wondering if any of you northerners were going to be at the first CDN national round on the 18th and 19th of May?:)

17. Gixxer602

I love Canadian hockey! :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2002
  18. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Kc and the Sunshine band?:confused:

Last edited: May 10, 2002
  19. Gixxer602

I don't know what your talking aboot. :rolleyes:

20. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Kc and the Sunshine band are re-writing history. That's okay He's come over to the good side. Canada rules !!!