1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High school football players target referee

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by deathwagon, Sep 7, 2015.

1. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

2. ton

ton Arf!

i hate everything about the institution of football. this just reinforces my views of the behavior it engenders.

cue the bad cops comparisons...

3. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

Did the ref have a bronytail?

I've seen some really bad refs in HS football playing god instead of letting the players play, so not sure if he had it coming or not - still, dumb move kiddies.

Cue in excerpts from "Longest Yard"....

4. ton

ton Arf!

no referee in any sport has assault coming. ever.

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

WTF would this have to do with bad cops?? It just shows your biased and therefore quickly indicates that any opinion you might have on the matter is pretty well crap. :up:

That said, I do agree that no ref ever has assault coming. Worst call in the history officiating? So what ... It's still just a game. But to say the entire sport engenders this approach is beyond ruhtarded.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

7. ton

ton Arf!

what does it have to do with bad cops? nothing directly. it's just an analogy. that it's just an isolated incident and that football is generally good and only the occasional bad player or bad coach acts out in such a way.

and that's probably correct. but, much like a few bad cops that make all the news... i've had too many bad interactions with football players, coaches, and most hideously... their parents, and fans, to believe that the bad behavior isn't ingrained in the mentality. it's a shame, because isolated as a game, i really enjoy it.

yep. i'm biased. i made that statement straight off. opinions on any given matter never come from someone who doesn't care, so the idea that opinions are crap because they're biased is as ridiculous as... well... any other opinion you don't agree with. you're retarded if you don't agree. ;)

8. ton

ton Arf!

9. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

I am in agreement, but will qualify it this way - there's a big difference between deserving to get bitch-slapped and actually getting bitch-slapped. I have seen some that had it coming....

And rasslin' IS real - get with the program.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I'm curious ... Why single out football? Your statement can be said for literally ANY competition from beauty pageants to racing to stick/ball sports to ... to ... to ...

12. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

#reflivesmatter!

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

It's 'RASSLIN'. Jesus.:rolleyes:

And it IS real.:mad:

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Has zero to do with the "game"

I've seen both sides and was a soccer referee for many years.

This is 100% on the punk ass players.

They should never be allowed to play the game again.

Even if they were superstars and there were scouts there, they blew any chance they had.

The worst call ever is still no excuse for physical violence on an official.

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

16. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

If what you say is true, the NFL would be filled with guys constantly in trouble with the law. I see no evi...oh wait, disregard...

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

The team should be tossed for the year and charges pressed against the attackers

Refs are like flag crew, priceless.

18. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

20. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Cut from team. Suspended from school. Never play another down of HS football. Lose any chance at scholarships. Possibly expelled from school and criminal charges.

That would be a good start. You have to come down heavy and hard on this right here and right now. Otherwise, you will see more of this.

Those clueless coddled kids are already playing the blame game, saying that these refs, who officiate high profile football games in Texas, suddenly....suddenly...for some reason, in the second half, started pulling out the "N" word towards them.

Why do I seriously doubt that.........