1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi from Morgan & Michelins in Portland

Discussion in 'General' started by Morgan, Jun 18, 2001.

1. Morgan

Morgan The AMA Guy

Hey everyone, this is Morgan Broadhead. X Lockhart Motorsports Manager and loud-mouth announcer guy.

As you may or may not of heard I run Freddie Spencers Product Line and distribute Michelin Race tires now. We will be in Portland and I wanted to get an idea of who was coming and what your tire needs would be. (P.S. We pay contingency in many OMRRA classes)

On a personal note, whether you are on Michelins or not, say hi. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys. I don't get back East much anymore so I haven't seen most of you guys(and girls) for a year or so.

PPS. We also have Nutec fuel. If you need some, e-mail me and we can arrange to have it at the track for you.

[This message has been edited by Morgan (edited 06-18-2001).]

2. aod99

aod99 Administrator

Hi Morgan,

AOD and NOTB will be running the endurance race on Michelins. I think we will be bringing everything we need with us (endurance teams get paranoid and begin to carry everything that they think they could ever possibly need with them at all times).

My question to you is, what is the track surface like at Portland? Does is provide good traction? Is it hard on tires?

Sam

3. Morgan

Morgan The AMA Guy

Hi Sam. Glad to hear you will be joining us.

Overall, PIR's traction is good. However, if it gets into the high 80's or 90's the surface tends to get a bit greasy. The surface is smooth and very kind to tires. You can usually get away with a step softer tire than you might need elsewhere as long as the temperatures stay down which it looks like they will.

There are only 2 left hand turns on the whole circuit so getting heat into the left side can be hard, especially with an endurance compound fitted. If you want to call me and go over tire selection I would be happy to do so. (702) 591-8915.

I'll see you there.